News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

Vechicle Stickers

Started by moose, April 22, 2014, 08:06:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose

I received this information from my alderman yesterday.

SCHEDULE OF FEES
Passenger vehicles - $50 (each) for the first 3 vehicles registered to a single household, 4th vehicle $90 - 5th vehicle $130 - 6th vehicle $170 - 7th vehicle $210 - 8th vehicle $250. Increase by $40 for each additional vehicle.
B-trucks - $75 (each) for the first 3 vehicles registered to a single household, 4th vehicle $115 - 5th vehicle $155
6th vehicle $195 - 7th vehicle $235 - 8th vehicle $275. Increase by $40 for each additional vehicle.
RV, trailers, buses and other single unit vehicles - $75
Dealers, taxis and Commercial trucks 8,001 lbs & up - $125
Motorcycle - $35
Seniors 65 and older - 1 free sticker then follow applicable items above – second vehicle fee $50
DV/XPOW - 1 free sticker with appropriate military license plate.
Retired Veterans - 1 free sticker with proper identification or military license plate.
Transfers - A licensee may transfer their vehicle sticker from a vehicle originally assigned to another vehicle purchased in the same year by purchasing a transfer sticker for $10.00 if the portion of the old sticker indicating the number and the old receipt is present.
INCENTIVES
Cars parked off-street between 3am - 6am will be offered a discount and will be charged $30 for passenger / $55 for B-trucks.
5% early bird discount for purchases between 5/15 – 5/31 an additional 10% discount for on-line and mail-in purchases by June 20th http://www.berwyn-il.gov/
Submit questions to http://www.berwyn-il.gov/CityServices/InformationRequestForm.aspx
Stickers will expire June 30th - Late fee of $50 will be applied to purchases after July 15th, 2014.
Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them. - Dr Seuss

Fer

Does anyone else find it odd that there actually COULD be an 8th vehicle in one household? 
"Life is short. Enjoy it."
J. Sullivan, 7/28/06

Good Time Charlie

buzz

Quote from: Fer on April 22, 2014, 09:10:06 AM
Does anyone else find it odd that there actually COULD be an 8th vehicle in one household?
I started thinking "odd" at 5 !
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

berwyn senator

At least your alderman is in touch, haven't seen or heard from ours in years.Thank your alderman for keeping us up to date.Maybe we don't need as many alderman as we have?

psychomom

Quote from: Good Time Charlie on April 22, 2014, 09:55:58 AM
That's a lot of peeps!

Our next door neighbors park 6 vehicles on the street and 2 in the garage. Single family home with 4 families in the house.
"He who opens a school door closes a prison"

Victor Hugo

Good Time Charlie

Well we are one of the fastest growing areas according to that other thread. City may as well get some extra cash.

~LL~

Quote from: psychomom on April 22, 2014, 12:06:50 PM
Quote from: Good Time Charlie on April 22, 2014, 09:55:58 AM
That's a lot of peeps!

Our next door neighbors park 6 vehicles on the street and 2 in the garage. Single family home with 4 families in the house.

Yep.  We've got that going next door to us to.  But, who cares?
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

Good Time Charlie

If the realtors sell to them not much you can do!

~LL~

Quote from: Good Time Charlie on April 22, 2014, 12:39:22 PM
If the realtors sell to them not much you can do!

Doubt all names of extra families/persons are on the deeds...or the tax bill.
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

justme

Quote from: Good Time Charlie on April 22, 2014, 12:21:00 PM
Well we are one of the fastest growing areas according to that other thread. City may as well get some extra cash.

Yeah because everyone in this city actually BUYS a vehicle sticker.... ::)

MindoverMatter

I said the same thing about 8...I can barely keep up with 3.

Homebody

Take advantage of the off street parking sticker, Early Bird purchase discount and the discount for buying on line. Your vehicle sticker will cost you $25.00. Such a deal!

Ted

Quote from: Homebody on May 01, 2014, 09:36:58 PM
Take advantage of the off street parking sticker, Early Bird purchase discount and the discount for buying on line. Your vehicle sticker will cost you $25.00. Such a deal!

What is the off street parking sticker?  When does it have to be purchased by?   I never park on the street so it sounds like something that I could buy.

justme

Quote from: Ted on May 02, 2014, 10:37:34 AM
Quote from: Homebody on May 01, 2014, 09:36:58 PM

What is the off street parking sticker?  When does it have to be purchased by?   I never park on the street so it sounds like something that I could buy.

INCENTIVES
Cars parked off-street between 3am - 6am will be offered a discount and will be charged $30 for passenger / $55 for B-trucks.
5% early bird discount for purchases between 5/15 – 5/31 an additional 10% discount for on-line and mail-in purchases by June 20th http://www.berwyn-il.gov/

Mike Phelan

Vehicle stickers are a scam.  The rest of the world doesn't operate that way.  My friends in Texas laugh at the idea of paying a local tax to display a decal in your windshield.  Give until it hurts.  It's amazing how much money you could save if you ventured outside of the toilet of Illinois.

justme

Quote from: Mike Phelan on May 10, 2014, 03:42:44 PM
  It's amazing how much money you could save if you ventured outside of the toilet of Illinois.

Very true!

justme

I have been trying to get onto the Berwyn site to buy my sticker and the site is down. WHAT A SHOCK. Stupid city.

justme

We finally got on late last night and can't renew online anyway. There is no option for garage parking, there is a fee to renew online (even tho they said there wasn't) and they don't take Visa. What a joke. We will just go to the police station and be done with it

exPROPer

Agreed, Justme, to what you said - same for us.  I think the city WANTS a repeat of last year when hundreds of people were lined up on every floor on the steps inside City Hall.  That's what the Yahoos who run the town understand.  Technology and customer service - NO.