News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

Depot District?

Started by berwyn senator, April 23, 2014, 11:11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justme

Quote from: Sandy on April 27, 2014, 04:00:37 PM
Parking is a huge issue. La Grange doesn't charge for their parking garage. Oak Park gives you the first hour free.

And from the day after Thanksgiving through Dec 31,  garage parking is free all day in Oak Park on Saturdays (Sundays are free year around) and in Forest Park, Madison Street is free as well-even during the week.

exPROPer

Drive around Cicero and you can see plenty of neighborhoods with small shopping districts.  How can they pull it off and Berwyn can't?  Something is missing in the leadership of Berwyn.  I never hear any statement by Lovero or the alderman about plans for the Depot District. 

The new Familia will help, but more needs to be done.  Wishbone is done as of last night.  Wondering how Oliver or Twist will make it without a restaurant. 

justme

Cicero gives the businesses incentives to move there. Look at the big box and name brand chin stores they have landed that skipped out on Berwyn. Sonic is one that Berwyn could have had but they went to Cicero instead.

I think Olive or Twist should be ok. We used to go way before there was a restaurant and they seemed to do just fine.

berwyn senator

Just before elections the alderman all profess their accomplishments and what they are going to do if elected.What was done and what gets done NOTHING!!!! I would like to do away with them period.

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: justme on April 28, 2014, 06:57:06 AM
Cicero gives the businesses incentives to move there. Look at the big box and name brand chin stores they have landed that skipped out on Berwyn. Sonic is one that Berwyn could have had but they went to Cicero instead.

I think Olive or Twist should be ok. We used to go way before there was a restaurant and they seemed to do just fine.

Please show me where you would put Home Depot, Menards, Target, Sam's and Walmart in Berwyn? 

Tell me where...I am really curious!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

justme

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on May 07, 2014, 11:44:06 AM
Quote from: justme on April 28, 2014, 06:57:06 AM

Please show me where you would put Home Depot, Menards, Target, Sam's and Walmart in Berwyn? 

Tell me where...I am really curious!

They could empty that crappy mattress store and the other little ones in the plaza and put a Home Depot there. It would make a hell of a lot more money than what is there now.

And Sonic could have gone on the dying Route 66 ;)