News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

Godson's in the Depot District

Started by berwynres, April 24, 2014, 12:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berwynres

Noticed that in between the Hookah place and Wishbone, there are signs in the old comedy club for "Godson's".  Anyone know what this business is about?

dukesdad

I'm kinda hoping it's a storefront church. Big business, but they don't pay a lot of taxes.

pkd50

buzz

Hookah place does not look open.
I looked in Godson's window today and it's Riddles with another name.  There was a sign inside stating "Godsons  May 17th Live Bands".
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

mustang54

Thats good news Buzz, I think a place with live bands would be fantastic!

berwyn senator

Good Time Charlie

Quote from: buzz on April 28, 2014, 06:22:29 PM
Hookah place does not look open.
I looked in Godson's window today and it's Riddles with another name.  There was a sign inside stating "Godsons  May 17th Live Bands".

Was the hookah place another glass jaw tomato can or just closed that day?

buzz

You can't see in the hookah place so all I know is there was no sign of life !

As for "the bands", I don't know.  Sign didn't say.

Bonster

Hookah place has been open.  Some friends went there.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

J'sMom

Last night there was a neon sign flashing OPEN outside of the Hookah bar.

justme

Quote from: B o n s t e r on April 29, 2014, 10:09:54 AM
Hookah place has been open.  Some friends went there.

And they wonder why businesses in the Depot don't succeed. No marketing.

buzz

I was there in the early afternoon.

sgrmag7

Here's a sneak peek at a press release on Godson's . . . it was written by the owner who seems so excited to be here in Berwyn!! 

"On May 5, 2014, located at 6910 Windsor Avenue in Berwyn's Historic Depot District McCreary's, LLC will be launching the opening of it's newest location - Godson's.  Godson's boasts a lounge atmosphere, a wide variety of domestic and import beers along with local craft IPA's.  There is also a lovely wine selection.

Godson's location was not chosen by accident, with many available spots for an upscale lounge, I chose Berwyn's Historic Depot because the neighborhood and residents are just the kind of people Godson's wishes to serve.  People who care about their community and the people in it.

A few things you'll be excited to hear are that Godson's will be hosting live bands at least once a month.  Drink specials will be abundant - starting off with $2.50 u-call-it Tuesday's (shots excluded),  a monthly rotating tap handle with a new beer special, and daily specials including, buckets of 5 for $5 7oz Miller Light bottles, and  buckets of 5 for $5 8oz cans of Coors Light.  This is just the beginning - check back often because I'm excited to keep adding deals for you.

Come and see what we did to the old location - open floor plan, stainless steel coolers and tap system; custom and hickory and walnut design, new ambient lounge lighting, over 70 brand new stools, a brand new hardwood floor, and 6 large TV's.

Finally, I want to be sure Godson's service is top-notch!  Our professionally trained staff are friendly and courteous; just how you'd come to expect in Berwyn. 

Can't wait to see you all!!  And please know a menu and kitchen space is in the works!!"

OakParkSpartan

Was in there last night.  Nice place, lots of room, beer selection still evolving.  I'll be back.  Friendly staff too.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato