News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

The Rip Off Continues

Started by mustang54, May 23, 2014, 01:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang54

Well the music industry and the brain dead suits that control it are trying to rip us off again. We once paid $5.99 to $7.99 for vinyl albums. Then came the 8 track providing the convenience of playing your favorite albums in your car. Then the rip off started. Cassettes were better quality than vinyl. Then cassettes were inferior and Cd's provided another improvement in audio quality. Then came the new digital c d and DVD audio. Again we are told improved audio, and again higher priced. Now the break through! Vinyl was the best quality and now they have improved it by using 108 grain vinyl!! But again their brilliant improvement on quality will cost us. The $5.99 to $7.99 inferior vinyl of the past has been replaced by the new vinyl at $19.99 per album. Double albums $34.99 and triple album $54.99!
  I thought about how many times I have bought my favorite albums in different formats and the same format on occasion more than once because I wore it out, lost it. let someone borrow it and never got it back and I couldn't believe how much I had spent through the years on the same albums. I'll bet right now someone at Samsung is designing a vinyl burner to add on to our computers to burn vinyl ourselves from torrent sites!! I can one day add that to my 2 Betamax machines, 6 VHS vcr's, laser disc player, Phillips cd burner,Nakamichi cd player.Teac cassette player,and 3 dvd players.
  Well I'd like to vent more but I'm going with a friend to Rolling Stones Records to buy one of my all time favorite albums again in the new improved vinyl, at a much higher price.  Damn they're gonna get me again!! LOL!!!!!!

~LL~

Quote from: mustang54 on May 23, 2014, 01:00:50 PM
  Well the music industry and the brain dead suits that control it are trying to rip us off again. We once paid $5.99 to $7.99 for vinyl albums. Then came the 8 track providing the convenience of playing your favorite albums in your car. Then the rip off started. Cassettes were better quality than vinyl. Then cassettes were inferior and Cd's provided another improvement in audio quality. Then came the new digital c d and DVD audio. Again we are told improved audio, and again higher priced. Now the break through! Vinyl was the best quality and now they have improved it by using 108 grain vinyl!! But again their brilliant improvement on quality will cost us. The $5.99 to $7.99 inferior vinyl of the past has been replaced by the new vinyl at $19.99 per album. Double albums $34.99 and triple album $54.99!
  I thought about how many times I have bought my favorite albums in different formats and the same format on occasion more than once because I wore it out, lost it. let someone borrow it and never got it back and I couldn't believe how much I had spent through the years on the same albums. I'll bet right now someone at Samsung is designing a vinyl burner to add on to our computers to burn vinyl ourselves from torrent sites!! I can one day add that to my 2 Betamax machines, 6 VHS vcr's, laser disc player, Phillips cd burner,Nakamichi cd player.Teac cassette player,and 3 dvd players.
  Well I'd like to vent more but I'm going with a friend to Rolling Stones Records to buy one of my all time favorite albums again in the new improved vinyl, at a much higher price.  Damn they're gonna get me again!! LOL!!!!!!

Interesting.  I was told that the old (inferior?) vinyls are in demand - and selling very well on such as EBay.  I've got a shit-ton of such - but not the time nor patience to deal electronically to sell them.  Then, too -- some album covers/jackets I regard as 'priceless' and will be hard to part with them.

So - may we know what is the all-time fav album is that you are willing to pay big bucks to hear in new-and-improved vinyl?
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.