News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

Potholes

Started by mustang54, August 11, 2014, 02:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang54

Some freinds and I took a vote and all agree Berwyn side streets have more potholes than every town around them combined. HELLO  it's frickin August folks the snow has been gone for months!! Don't know much about the north end but south of Ogden is brutal. The city of trees and the city of bungalos  can also now be called the city of potholes.

menace2society

Oak Park Avenue is ready to collapse into itself.  It's HORRIBLE, especially south of the tracks.

Sandy

Apparently, you don't drive into the city of Chicago. Try Austin from Roosevelt to the expressway, 55th or 31st street or almost any side street. Berwyn is perfect compared to the big city!
"Modern cynics and skeptics see no harm in paying those to whom they entrust the minds of their children a smaller wage than is paid to those to whom they entrust the care of their plumbing."
John F. Kennedy

menace2society

I don't live in Chicago and Chicago is a much bigger city.

mustang54

Quote from: Sandy on August 12, 2014, 07:46:58 AM
Apparently, you don't drive into the city of Chicago. Try Austin from Roosevelt to the expressway, 55th or 31st street or almost any side street. Berwyn is perfect compared to the big city!
Sandy I drive through the city quite often. Yes it is bad but so is everything else in the city. For its size compared to Chicago Berwyn should be ashamed of itself for the condition of its side streets especially, after all this is August! Haven't plowed for months and for the money Berwyn pays in property taxes there is NO EXCUSE. I don't think residents want to be compared to the City of Chicago either.
  There are also alot of homes on the market I don't think perspective buyers will be to impressed driving down side streets filled with pot holes. Especially if they are also looking in surrounding areas.

krod4444

Try Austin from Roosevelt to the expressway...

WORD!!  I avoid that strip Sandy

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: mustang54 on August 12, 2014, 10:13:38 AM
Sandy I drive through the city quite often. Yes it is bad but so is everything else in the city. For its size compared to Chicago Berwyn should be ashamed of itself for the condition of its side streets especially, after all this is August! Haven't plowed for months and for the money Berwyn pays in property taxes there is NO EXCUSE. I don't think residents want to be compared to the City of Chicago either.
  There are also alot of homes on the market I don't think perspective buyers will be to impressed driving down side streets filled with pot holes. Especially if they are also looking in surrounding areas.
Right around me I have no problems with potholes, although I don't go south of Ogden frequently on side streets.  My husband works around Foster and Kedzie and I had to pick him up a few months back. Taking Kedzie south to the expressway at Diversey was an exercise in trying to dodge major potholes that could have caused damage to my car.  I honestly have not seen the like of them here in Berwyn.

dukesdad

Mustang

Check out 58th Ct between 22nd and 23rd. If you can find a street worse than that in Berwyn, I'll buy you a taco.

mustang54

Quote from: dukesdad on August 18, 2014, 10:57:38 AM
Mustang

Check out 58th Ct between 22nd and 23rd. If you can find a street worse than that in Berwyn, I'll buy you a taco.
Before I take the time to investigate this I have a question. Where would the taco be from?

dukesdad

Anyplace in Berwyn or Cicero.

joe martin

Quote from: mustang54 on August 11, 2014, 02:37:35 PM
  Some freinds and I took a vote and all agree Berwyn side streets have more potholes than every town around them combined. HELLO  it's frickin August folks the snow has been gone for months!! Don't know much about the north end but south of Ogden is brutal. The city of trees and the city of bungalos  can also now be called the city of potholes.

i think berwyn does a great job with the potholes. i called them a few times and they came right out.