News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

REMOVAL- Of a Handicapped Parking Sign

Started by Noble Falcon, August 11, 2014, 06:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noble Falcon

I am trying to get a sign removed for a friend who had a stroke and is in a nursing home probably for the rest of his life. I have called the police and asked to remove the sign in the 6800 Block of 21st We have sold his Car and he will never be able to live on his own again. Any ideas on who to call as the area is very tight..

Thanks  :usa:

~LL~

Sorry to hear about your friend and hope he is comfortable and being well cared for.  You are a rare person who reports that a Handicapped Parking space will no longer be used.  Try calling the Parking Department at Berwyn PD - Supervisor is Marsha Cohen.  Hint - after you dial 795-5600 -- dial 0 when the recorded message starts.  You will be immediately directed to Dispatch who will route your call to Ms. Cohen/the Parking Department.  It is a busy department - so you may have to leave a message -- but do keep trying.
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

Noble Falcon

Quote from: ~LL~ on August 11, 2014, 07:40:11 PM
Sorry to hear about your friend and hope he is comfortable and being well cared for.  You are a rare person who reports that a Handicapped Parking space will no longer be used.  Try calling the Parking Department at Berwyn PD - Supervisor is Marsha Cohen.  Hint - after you dial 795-5600 -- dial 0 when the recorded message starts.  You will be immediately directed to Dispatch who will route your call to Ms. Cohen/the Parking Department.  It is a busy department - so you may have to leave a message -- but do keep trying.

Thanks LL. Very sad indeed. No family, never married no kids,,I will call the PD later..

Parking in that area is really tight and with no chance that he is returning is the right thing to do.  :usa:

Noble Falcon

Thanks LL the whole process was very smooth! Marsha and Jackie have had the signs taken down! I a sure the residents appreciate one more parking space .. :usa:

~LL~

Quote from: Noble Falcon on August 14, 2014, 05:31:04 PM
Thanks LL the whole process was very smooth! Marsha and Jackie have had the signs taken down! I a sure the residents appreciate one more parking space .. :usa:

Glad it was resolved expediently & I'm sure the neighbors are grateful for another parking space.
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.