Surprised no mention of Oktoberfest Depot district this weekend

Started by PamF, September 17, 2014, 10:48:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PamF

http://www.berwyn.net/bdc-community-events/oktoberfest/oktoberfest-entertainment

Have gone the past two years and had a good time.  Plan on visiting again this year.

Kind of surprised not seeing any mentions on this board.

Ted

Over the years on BTF, there have been discussions about Berwyn's Oktoberfest, especially a running joke about the cover band Infinity.  Oktoberfest has been going on for many years now.

seebee

Big Guy's, Mr. Bill's, Empanadus and funnel cake down the street for 2 days?
Salad for lunch tomorrow, cuz this weekend ain't gonna be pretty.
Anyone (cough, cough Mark? Cough cough) know anything about Nonna D's? I've never been.
P.s -Mr Bill's knows how to make a tip, y'all. At the car show, they sold out of everything except tips by the time I got there.  Fine with me. You west burb types must not know what's up with tips.  :oink: He also had Jerk Chicken, brisket, and spares, but I was too late for that.

And don't forget about the joints behind the vendor booths. Rissi's Candy Shop with ice cream (I'd suggest the brownie one if she still has it,) Tonini's always has some special at the store, Carla's, and the rest.

PamF

Quote from: Ted on September 18, 2014, 04:43:54 AM

Over the years on BTF, there have been discussions about Berwyn's Oktoberfest, especially a running joke about the cover band Infinity.  Oktoberfest has been going on for many years now.
Yes, I know it has been going on for years.  I've attended the past few years (because of finding out about it on this forum).  FYI - no Infinity.  ;D

seebee

Mr Bills was out of most things rib related at 8pm (there was a 20 minute wait for the next batch of tips.)
They had pulled pork, pork chops and Jerk Chicken left. Tried the Jerk Chicken, even though they tried to talk me into a pork chop,"Try it, it's THIS thick, man!"
The Jerk Chicken was THE BOMB.
Mr Bills is for real.
Their only side was lame baked beans, but for a true SS cue experience, I'd slip over to Big Guy's for an order of fries, throw somma Mr Bills' tips, spares, or Jerk Chicken on top of the fries with some sauce, and strap in for a feast.

Anyone try anything that was awesome? Most of the offerings were the same ol' same ol' which is fine, no complaints.
Mr Bills though - it's for real. It's not Texas cue, and it's not trying to be Texas cue. It's Chicago cue, and they are for real. Never seen them have links tho.

PamF

Does Mr. Bill's have a bricks and mortar restaurant?  Where is it located?

seebee

OakParkSpartan

Infinity hasn't played Oktoberfest for a few years (thank god).
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

dukesdad