Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Handy Man/Painter Needed

Started by Fer, September 23, 2014, 12:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fer

Hello, kind BTF Members.
I need a few things done around the house, and would love to hire someone local (and dependable, with references). 

Anyone have someone they know & trust that they can recommend?

Thanks!
"Life is short. Enjoy it."
J. Sullivan, 7/28/06

catspajamas

I have a handyman who I have been using for the past year or more to do all kinds of odd jobs around my house. He is working in my basement, stopping seepage and cleaning the crumbling brick and waterproofing it right now. He is also scraping all the peeling paint from my limestone caps and around my windows outside and putting on new storm windows for the basement. He is very trustworthy but has trouble with carpel tunnel syndrome and can only work about 4 hours in a day before he has to quit due to his hands. I am a perfectionist. He does a good job, acceptable though some times I ask him to do some tiny additional work to make it perfect. He is living hand to mouth and would appreciate any work you want to try him out on. He was a long time Berwynite but got displaced and is staying in Westchester right now. He also does clean-outs and hauling, especially if the stuff can be recycled. His name is Mike Porss and his cell phone # is 773-996-1659. Because he is low income, he doesn't listen to his messages because it uses up his cell phone minutes. So if he doesn't call you back within the day, call him again. Tell him Susan referred you. He does have references and a book of photos of the jobs he has done, documented along the way.

He is also looking for a job as a live in maintenance man for an apartment complex or group of apartment buildings in exchange for rent. So if anyone knows of a situation like that for him, please give him a call. Thanks.

Toria

I use Larry Carani, he is a Berwyn resident and good. Extremely nice guy.  Not cheap but good.  He is very busy.

http://lcdecorating.com

catspajamas

Hi All, I would like to amend what I wrote below. Mike has a new phone #. It is 708-427-9518. If you want a handy man, give him a call and tell him Susan recommended him.

Quote from: catspajamas on October 18, 2014, 10:55:23 AM
I have a handyman who I have been using for the past year or more to do all kinds of odd jobs around my house. He is working in my basement, stopping seepage and cleaning the crumbling brick and waterproofing it right now. He is also scraping all the peeling paint from my limestone caps and around my windows outside and putting on new storm windows for the basement. He is very trustworthy but has trouble with carpel tunnel syndrome and can only work about 4 hours in a day before he has to quit due to his hands. I am a perfectionist. He does a good job, acceptable though some times I ask him to do some tiny additional work to make it perfect. He is living hand to mouth and would appreciate any work you want to try him out on. He was a long time Berwynite but got displaced and is staying in Westchester right now. He also does clean-outs and hauling, especially if the stuff can be recycled. His name is Mike Porss and his cell phone # is 773-996-1659. Because he is low income, he doesn't listen to his messages because it uses up his cell phone minutes. So if he doesn't call you back within the day, call him again. Tell him Susan referred you. He does have references and a book of photos of the jobs he has done, documented along the way.

He is also looking for a job as a live in maintenance man for an apartment complex or group of apartment buildings in exchange for rent. So if anyone knows of a situation like that for him, please give him a call. Thanks.