News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

Gap Store in Plaza

Started by pcm1112, October 01, 2014, 05:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcm1112

Apparently a Gap Factory Store is going in the Plaza.

doradaexplorer

Opens March 18.

The Gap store at NR Mall is closed.

Aubrey312

Can anyone confirm that the Gap Store is open?

doradaexplorer

It's a Gap Factory Store and yes it's open. I was there last Friday.

pkd50

Is a factory store the same as an outlet store with discounted merchandise?

markberwyn

"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

pkd50

Just thought Dora may know

markberwyn

The people who work there definitely know.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

markberwyn

I think it's pretty clear what question is really being asked here.

Ted

Quote from: markberwyn on March 31, 2015, 06:56:27 PM

I must be dense because I don't.  Mark, I think you are reading more into Pat's question than is really there.

markberwyn

Quote from: Ted on April 01, 2015, 04:53:41 AM
Quote from: markberwyn on March 31, 2015, 06:56:27 PM

I must be dense because I don't.  Mark, I think you are reading more into Pat's question than is really there.

Why might the distinction between a regular Gap and a discount Gap be of interest to an old-school Berwynite?

Ted

Quote from: markberwyn on April 01, 2015, 08:04:49 AM
Why might the distinction between a regular Gap and a discount Gap be of interest to an old-school Berwynite?

To find bargains, that's why.  My mom is always looking for bargain basement stores or stores that have sales to get things more cheaply. 

pkd50

Mark you're ready to fight over anything.  I've never heard the term factory store, and I wondered what it was. It's as simple as that. 

markberwyn

Quote from: Ted on April 01, 2015, 09:04:51 AM
Quote from: markberwyn on April 01, 2015, 08:04:49 AM

To find bargains, that's why.  My mom is always looking for bargain basement stores or stores that have sales to get things more cheaply.

She wasn't asking if it was a place where she could hunt bargains; she was asking if it sold discounted merchandise.

Ted

Quote from: markberwyn on April 01, 2015, 11:23:18 AM
She wasn't asking if it was a place where she could hunt bargains; she was asking if it sold discounted merchandise.

I wasn't answering HER question.  I was answering YOUR question.  YOU were the one who asked why the distinction between a regular GAP and a discount GAP would be of interest to someone.

Dude, you are definitely reading more into this than is there.

pkd50

Mark, I really didn't mean anything other than what I said.  In fact, I don't know what else it could have meant. 

markberwyn

Disagree. Old-school Berwynites don't care about the Gap per se.

Ted

Quote from: markberwyn on April 01, 2015, 02:20:42 PM

Wow, Mark.  That's a pretty sweeping generalization.  So, none of the tens of thousands of people who used to live in Berwyn care about Gap per se?  Not even one of them... LOL.

What is your definition of "old-school Berwynite"?

Ted

markberwyn

Quote from: Ted on April 01, 2015, 04:14:42 PM
Quote from: markberwyn on April 01, 2015, 02:20:42 PM

Wow, Mark.  That's a pretty sweeping generalization.  So, none of the tens of thousands of people who used to live in Berwyn care about Gap per se?  Not even one of them... LOL.

What is your definition of "old-school Berwynite"?

A person who raises questions when he or she hears about the possibility of a discount store opening in the neighborhood.

pkd50

This conversation is too silly to even continue.  It might shock you to know that many people, myself included, enjoy getting a bargain.  I was in Berwyn today, and I stopped in the Gap.  I encountered two very friendly and helpful employees. They explained why it's called a factory store.   It's a nice store.  I didn't know they were building a Ross store.  It's also a nice place to shop.