News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

Gap Store in Plaza

Started by pcm1112, October 01, 2014, 05:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markberwyn

Was anybody concerned that it might not be a nice store? I assumed it was. It's a Gap!
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

pkd50

markberwyn

It's all good now. Before you wondered whether it's a place that sold discounted merchandise; now you know it's a place where you can get a bargain.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

pkd50

discounted/bargain....pretty much the same to me.  After talking to an older gentelman, who I think was a mgr.,  I know that if I'm looking for a bargain/discount on Gap clothing, I would shop the outlet stores, or a Gap store when they have a sale, and not a factory store for Gap clothing.   

dukesdad

And people wonder why this site doesn't get much traffic anymore. Just read through this thread and you'll know.

markberwyn

The reason this site gets less traffic now is because all the doofy Obama-is-destroying-America loons got themselves banned or self-deported. Same amount of discussion of local topics as there's ever been.

markberwyn

Old-school Berwynites love discounted-merchandise stores. They love hearing about more and more stores opening in Berwyn selling discounted merchandise.

Ted

Quote from: dukesdad on April 02, 2015, 01:33:45 PM
And people wonder why this site doesn't get much traffic anymore. Just read through this thread and you'll know.

The main reason this site doesn't get much traffic any more is because of the Berwyn Cool Kids group on Facebook. You see the same discussions on BCK that uses to occur on BTF, only with no anonymity.  It has the same old BTF crowd plus newer people who know only Facebook.  It has around 1300 members and the discussions have gotten heated in the last month before this election, just like they did last year before the vote on the referenda.

Bonster

Quote from: Ted on April 02, 2015, 03:58:06 PMIt has around 1300 members and the discussions have gotten heated in the last month before this election, just like they did last year before the vote on the referenda.

Similar to BTF at its most popular, there are about 20 people who post regularly.  I'd guess another 30 or so lurk, and pop in from time to time.  Others just visit when they need a plumber recommendation.  I wish they'd enable the view count for each post, as in other forums, which shows how many (and who) actually viewed a particular post.

The biggest problem is that the group is private. No, it is "secret."  Not only can one not see what's posted, you can't even search & find the group.  The big advantage BTF gas is it's public - anyone can read the posts here.

... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

markberwyn

What's the logic behind keeping it secret?

Bonster

Not sure, but the group was originally intended for Berwyn parents.  The creator has since moved from Berwyn, and handed control over to someone else.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Ted

Quote from: B o n s t e r on April 02, 2015, 05:49:57 PM
....  I'd guess another 30 or so lurk...

Including some who lurk under their wife's name   ;)

OakParkSpartan

The other big difference is that you can easily read what was happening in the community a decade ago on this site.  Good luck doing that on Facebook.

I need to figure out how to best bundle up the discussions here and donate them to the Berwyn Historical Society.  Its an interesting glimpse into life and current events.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato