News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

Flood Meeting

Started by Ted, October 13, 2014, 05:23:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted

There is going to be a town hall meeting this Wednesday, October 15 at Heritage (31st & Wesley), starting at 6:30 PM, to discuss the flooding that has become prevalent in people's houses the last 5 years.  The mayor will be taking questions and I believe people from the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District will also be there.

yazmonium

I'll be there.  I am new to Berwyn and my basement flooded in September.  The flyer can be found on the City's event calendar.

If you can't make it, then show your support and sign the petition here.

Berwyn Residents - the person or group who started the petition - has also found documents relating to the studies that have already been compiled and about the way our sewers work.  Take a look.  Many thanks to Berwyn Residents for their legwork submitting FOIA requests and publishing their findings.  Most of it is pretty dry, but maybe some of you are into it.

Hope to see you there.  Tomorrow, 10/15, 6:30P at Heritage School, 6850 W 31st St.

exPROPer

I have to work tonight, but would otherwise be there.

Please give an update on the meeting and next steps.  Thanks!

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Obviously a moot point at this time but I'm wondering why the City of Berwyn didn't include at least parts of the sewer system when they had the streets around the Depot District torn down to bricks when they did the major infrastructure project 10 to 15 years ago.  A major tax increase for taxpayers which was obviously (now) just a facelift in terms of what they called infrastructure then.

yazmonium

exPROPer

Thank you for posting the meeting.