News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Windows

Started by Suzy Q, October 15, 2014, 09:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suzy Q

We need to replace our windows with more efficient ones.  Any suggestions for reasonably priced window companies?

Sandy

I'm looking for someone to repair my original wood windows. Do NOT suggest Just Sashes. While they did good work on the upstairs flat, it took forever. I had to remind him that the job needed to be done before my granddaughter's birthday party - several weeks after he took them out! He was supposed to get back to me with dates to do downstairs and never did.At this point, I really don't want to work with him.
"Modern cynics and skeptics see no harm in paying those to whom they entrust the minds of their children a smaller wage than is paid to those to whom they entrust the care of their plumbing."
John F. Kennedy

Toria

Did anyone actually locate a window company to redo the old windows?  I had just sashes come out and look at them....they could do it but I am loathe to start a project in the dead of winter.

yazmonium

I used Murphy's Windows over the summer.  They were slow to install the windows, but we had a special order.  And, they were cheaper than there competitors by 15%.