News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

Governor's Race

Started by Ted, November 03, 2014, 08:54:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted

I was curious as to how people are voting in the governor's race and their reasons for voting for a particular candidate.

pkd50

Does it really matter?   Madigan won't let Rauner do much, and Quinn is Madigan's puppet.  Madigan will run the State until he turns it over to Cullerton.

Ted

Quote from: pkd50 on November 03, 2014, 12:03:17 PM
Does it really matter?   Madigan won't let Rauner do much, and Quinn is Madigan's puppet.  Madigan will run the State until he turns it over to Cullerton.

I agree Pat.  But, Rauner may not let Madigan do much either where as Quinn doesn't seem to have stood up to Madigan.

OakParkSpartan

Madigan needs to go.  He's a cancer.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

exPROPer

Madigan is cancer.  Quinn is just not up to the job. Ruaner and Mike M. will ensure gridlock in IL. 

If Rauner gets in he will be the leader of the GOP in IL.  How soon before he proposes a war on women and reproductive rights?  How soon before we see voter repression?  Just a couple of the GOPs most popular stands. 

Ted

Well, I voted this morning (first to vote at 34th and Gunderson).  The county has finally come into the computer age.

Those big fat voter registration books have been replaced by computers and your name is printed out on a small label printer when you are accepted to vote. The printed sticker is then pasted into a book identifying people who voted.

I am glad to see Cook County finally enter the 21st century.

moose

Ted,

I wasn't that far behind you at the polling place, not sure what my number was.

The lady working the balloting was having issues when trying to set up people to vote electronically, I voted the good old fashion way, paper!
Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them. - Dr Seuss

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on November 03, 2014, 04:31:19 PM
Madigan needs to go.  He's a cancer.
+1, enthusiastically.  The choice between the two gubernatorial candidates was like choosing whether you wanted to be electrocuted or hung if you were on death row.

pkd50

I heard a political anylist say that Rauner and Madigan have been friendly in the past.  If that's true, dare I even hope they will work together to dig us out of the black hole that we are in now?

Ted

Quote from: pkd50 on November 05, 2014, 12:16:20 PM
I heard a political anylist say that Rauner and Madigan have been friendly in the past.  If that's true, dare I even hope they will work together to dig us out of the black hole that we are in now?

Well, it looks like the gauntlet has been thrown down already.  Cullerton is saying the legislature is going to let the income tax increase expire and go back down to 3%.

I guess they want to see if Rauner can balance the state budget on 60% of the current revenue.

chandasz

Oh he'll balance it by slashing education.... again.... just wait

Ted

Quote from: chandasz on November 10, 2014, 12:54:34 PM
Oh he'll balance it by slashing education.... again.... just wait

I thought one of the biggest falsehoods in the campaign was the Quinn commercial saying he did not cut education funding.  That was an out-and-out lie.

I understand that cuts were needed everywhere in the budget, but school districts took a hard hit around 3 to 4 years ago when state funding for education was cut back.

Dav

apparently education , will be taking a hit, with the announcement that state colleges will have reduced funding. How about not building the proposed Illinois - Indiana tollway? most do not favor it, including the trucking industry. Although not all of it would be state funding I assume, that money that is involved, is probably substantial