News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

Berwyn water bill

Started by CaptainoftheBoat, November 07, 2014, 08:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainoftheBoat

I am a fairly new resident and just received my first water bill for 3 months of use.  It was extremely high...or so I think.  I live in a bungalow, alone, not too much water consumed.  I planted some grass seed last month and watered occasionally, but can't believe that caused the bill to be so high.  What is average? How would you even begin to dispute this?  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Loving Berwyn so far!

exPROPer

Our most recent bill was $142.00.  Two adults.  Very occasional watering of lawn.

CaptainoftheBoat

Thanks for the reply.  I am at almost 8x that.  I will contact the city.

exPROPer

Maybe there is an old bill from the previous owner??  Or, a slow leak somewhere?

Ted

Check to see if you have a leak somewhere or a silently running toilet.

This happened to me about 25 years ago.  I received a high water bill and found out the toilet in the basement was running continuously but very slowly.

~LL~

Quote from: exPROPer on November 07, 2014, 03:51:17 PM
Maybe there is an old bill from the previous owner??  Or, a slow leak somewhere?

Don't water/trash pick up bills from previous owner have to be paid up before closing on a sold property?
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

mustang54

Quote from: ~LL~ on November 13, 2014, 01:01:15 PM
Quote from: exPROPer on November 07, 2014, 03:51:17 PM

Don't water/trash pick up bills from previous owner have to be paid up before closing on a sold property?
Yes.

berwynson

FWIW, in the day when I was a kid, the bill was administered twice yearly. Seem to recall numbers like around $30, 3 member family. At the same time, my Grandma's house, 3020 S. Central Park Ave., HAD NO WATER METER! She left the hose running outdoors constantly. (pissed my Dad off!).     berwynson

CaptainoftheBoat

Thanks for the info, all!  It turns out that when they put in the new meter, they entered the old reading. Didn't make much sense to me, but the problem has been solved and I now have a very reasonable water bill.  Have a Happy Holiday everyone!