News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Berwyn Police

Started by yazmonium, December 17, 2014, 11:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dualref

Anyone who is less than happy over the way blacks are treated in Berwyn can easily petition city hall to have their building declared Section 8 housing. Then they can live there with a clear conscious that Berwyn will shortly resemble some of the worst parts of Chicago.

Anyone with half and education knows that when blacks move in crime goes up, property values go down. Look at what has happened in Detroit, for heaven sakes!

Ted

Quote from: dualref on January 27, 2015, 09:38:35 PM
Anyone who is less than happy over the way blacks are treated in Berwyn can easily petition city hall to have their building declared Section 8 housing. Then they can live there with a clear conscious that Berwyn will shortly resemble some of the worst parts of Chicago.

Anyone with half and education knows that when blacks move in crime goes up, property values go down. Look at what has happened in Detroit, for heaven sakes!

That statement is a bunch of racist hogwash. Have housing values in Oak Park gone down because the black population has increased?

Toria

I fell and broke my ankle in my backyard in September.  Called the police department and they were there in minutes and EMTs took me by ambulance to Loyola.  They were great and quick.  If something happens in Chicago who knows when they would come.  You don't want Berwyn to resemble Chicago crime wise and service wise.  I have found Berwyn to be a fairly run municipality.  I don't actually live there but own a building there that my son lives in.

markberwyn

"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

The Jackal

Half and education?

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'..........................

seebee

Well, MarkBerwyn's post about the Campbells' attempt to live in Berwyn does prove part of your point. Crime did go up when they moved here, and tried to live among the superior race. It was a good thing that the more civilized people were here to remind the Campbells that they were not human, and did not deserve to live as such.

OakParkSpartan

Bullshit.  Section 8 vouchers are handled by the county, not the City of Berwyn.  I know quite a few decent people who have Section 8.  I'm glad they live near me.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: seebee on January 30, 2015, 05:26:54 PM

Well, MarkBerwyn's post about the Campbells' attempt to live in Berwyn does prove part of your point. Crime did go up when they moved here, and tried to live among the superior race. It was a good thing that the more civilized people were here to remind the Campbells that they were not human, and did not deserve to live as such.

Jeez dude, I started reading and was ready to whack you and your post...till I realized the sarcasm and who wrote it.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato