News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

yelp..

Started by rita, January 24, 2015, 04:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaetane

good to know censorship is alive and well in Berwyn!

Edited to add, I could have posted my experience to Yelp directly, and I chose not to.  Addressing the issue would have been the correct way to handle the post. 

Ted

Why was Gaetane's post deleted?  He just posted about his experience at this particular establishment.  There have been lots of restaurant and bar reviews on BTF that were not favorable to the restaurant or bar but they were not deleted off of BTF.

Why was this particular post deleted?  I read it and Gaetane was not attacking anyone personally.  He just posted about the unpleasant experience he had at this particular bar.

That doesn't seem to me to be the type of post that should have been deleted.

Ted

OakParkSpartan

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Gaetane

Yes indeed "oh well".

I thought this was a public forum, but it's apparently someone's little fiefdom. 

There is always Yelp!  :)

seebee

I've lived around the corner from this joint for double digit years, and went for the first time last night. It wasn't crowded or anything, but, I can say that everyone I encountered was nice, several bar patrons offered advice on the food and beer list, and the food was pretty decent. From reading up before going in, I knew it would kinda be a crapshoot on what they'd have to eat, but we had wings, the hot link, and a burger. They were out of tips and chili. The wings were decent - overcooked, but still totally within reason, the hot link was fantastic, and the burger was overcooked, but again, well within reason, and very tasty - it wasn't a hockey puck or anything. Still wanna try the tips tho. Neat little place, and the only real bbq in town. I doubt I'd go during a hawks game or on a busy show night or something. I know that doesn't help the people that expect every place to cater to their needs no matter what, but this is a little neighborhood joint. I'm not saying that the folks who expect this place to have polished service are incorrect for expecting that, either. They have every right to expect it, but I'd guess when the place is busier than expected, or something funky happens, they just can't deliver perfect service or everything on the menu. Again, I'm not saying that expecting attentive service, and all of the menu items is incorrect, I'm just saying that after being there for an hour and a half, I got the feel that this is just a little neighborhood joint, and it's not trying to be anything else. Decent food, great beer list, and essentially the ONLY real bbq in the area.

So, Gaetane's experience was what it was, not taking away from that at all, and it may be totally valid, I have no reason to not believe their experience. My first experience, however, was pretty positive. Just another data point.

Also, people still use, "Yelp?" That site is a bunch of schills and complainers. The descriptions are like reading 2nd grade essays - borderline disturbing.