News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

New School Boards focused website

Started by watcher, March 30, 2015, 06:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

watcher

http://www.schoolboardfocuswest.com

Connecting some dots with the politics of area school boards. Should be interesting how this develops...
"Atlas Shrugged": A Thousand Pages of Bad Science Fiction About Sock-Puppets Stabbing Strawmen with Tax Cuts. -Driftglass

George Lambesis

Looks slick, almost like a legitimate piece of journalism.  Let me try to connect some more dots....

1) Which candidate completed her higher education, at the expense of Berwyn's D100 taxpayers, only to leave for a higher paying job, in another suburb?  Integrity?

2) Which candidate deceived the taxpayers of Berwyn, by allowing her brother, a Chicago resident, to use her Berwyn address to enroll his children in D100 schools?  Transparency?

3)  Which candidate claims, in her campaign literature, not to have any connection to Berwyn government, yet holds a politically appointed position?  Transparency?

4) Integrity, transparency, fiscal responsibility....let's see....which former school board member is famous for using those buzz words?  Could it be the same person who passed several bond issues during her tenure, totaling MILLIONS of dollars, leaving D100 maxed out on its credit?  Could it be the same person whose personal friend's tech firm has billed D100 for, again, MILLIONS, during her multiple terms in office?  Could it be the same person whose employer exclusively sold uniforms to D100, during her tenure?  Could it be the same person who had D100 use the same refuse removal companies that employed her husband?   

Just sayin'. I think I have heard, at one time or another, something about stones and glass houses?  Don't be fooled people.  These people are not victims of unscrupulous politicians or lawyers.  Their campaign is well orchestrated, and being advised and supported by some of the slickest former politicians in Berwyn. Connect the dots..........

George Lambesis

One more question:

Which school board candidate stated that he moved to Berwyn because of the good quality of the schools, yet spent a large portion of his candidate forum time telling us how inept the administration is, regarding educational decisions?

District 100 has a 40M+ annual budget, and is one of the largest employers in Berwyn.  Do we want three Big Bird wanna be's, or do we want four very intelligent, outstanding citizens on the D100 school board?

Ted

Quote from: watcher on March 30, 2015, 06:52:37 PM

Connecting some dots with the politics of area school boards. Should be interesting how this develops...

Gee, I didn't know that I was a "citizen journalist"  ...  LOL

I would still like to know who hired Ric Cervone to do the FOIA and why the DelGaldo law firm was the address on the FOIA.  That was the only FOIA that could have informed Frank Amaro's objection to the candidacy of Elizabeth Jimenez.

Anyone care to answer that question?

Ted

I think the two major issues that are emerging in this campaign are the votes on the referenda last year and the fact that the mayor is supporting one slate of candidates.

First, there are two sets of candidates who are running together.  Jennifer Mitchell, Mark Titzer, James Woywod and Lisa Clemente are running as one slate and had submitted a slate petition to the Cook County Clerk.  They have formed a political action committee called "Education First for Berwyn".

The second set of candidates who are running together are Elizabeth Jimenez, Darlene Yoder and Timothy McNeilly.

The mayor is supporting Jennifer Mitchell, Mark Titzer, James Woywod and Lisa Clemente.   Some people on Facebook who believe that school board elections should be neutral have viewed that as interference by the mayor and have re-acted negatively to the mayor's support of these candidates.

The second issue is the vote on the tax referenda last year - At the candidates' forum, Jennifer Mitchell, Mark Titzer, James Woywood and Lisa Clemente stated they voted for the referenda while Elizabeth Jimenez, Darlene Yoder and Tim McNeilly stated they voted against the referenda.

The Education First for Berwyn PAC (which supports the candidacies of Mitchell, Titzer, Woywod and Clemente) sent out literature saying they will "hold the line on property taxes". Many people on Facebook reacted to that statement as hypocrisy because these candidates voted for the referenda. These candidates have responded by saying the people of Berwyn have spoken about how they feel about raising property taxes and, because of that, they will abide by the wishes of the voters to hold the line on property taxes.

For the record, I am voting for Mark Titzer, Elizabeth Jimenez, Darlene Yoder and Timothy McNeilly.

Also, for the record, I am also of the opinion that it is OK for political office holders to endorse candidates.

Dav

DK Yoder

George Lambesis - Thank you for your questions and concerns!  I am always happy to answer questions and maintain my stated value of transparency.  Regarding your #3 - which is about me - I am happy to clarify. As I stated PUBLICLY in the ABC forum a couple weeks ago and in print at least once (Suburban Life I think), I was appointed to the Berwyn Township 708 Mental Health Board in January of 2015. This is an unpaid/volunteer Board position.  Here is how that came to be: In the fall of last year Elizabeth Kerr mentioned to me in church she heard there was an opening coming up and she thought I might be interested because I'm a therapist.  I went to the website and sent in my CV with a letter of interest and then I attended an interview with Elizabeth Pechous where I met her for the very first time. During this interview I informed her that I was planning to run for school board and specifically asked if there would be any potential conflict of interest and she said it would not be a problem. She asked me to serve a four year term and I agreed and was sworn in just a few months ago. The role of the 708 Mental Health Board is to manage the tax dollars earmarked for mental health services for Berwyn residents. We hear grant applications and watch tax dollars and try to make sure any residents in need of specifically Mental Health services are getting help from the Township via the agencies/programs we help fund. I am not personally benefitting in ANY way from this, nor has it resulted in any political attachments beyond the fact that I've now met some township trustees. Berwyn Township as a government entity is NOT involved in the School Board campaign in any way I know of.  I hope this helps explain your perceived inconsistency in my message.
I'm also very curious about this claim that my campaign is being "orchestrated" by "slick former politicians".  No one "orchestrates" me.  The flyers and message and everything I have put my name to in this campaign was written by me and/or Tim and Elizabeth together. We have absolutely gotten advice from dozens of people in town who have given us their trust and support.  But when it's time to make decisions for the best interest of our schools, kids and our community - I have no alliances or obligations to anybody but them.
And thanks again, Mr. Lambesis, for your questions!!

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: watcher on March 30, 2015, 06:52:37 PM

+1.  It's already become interesting.  Doesn't Mr. Lambesis work for District 100 but doesn't live here?  It's wonderful how much insight he has on these matters that he wishes to pass on to others.  Let's just remember that he pays no taxes in this district and his views are most likely tainted by his employment for the district.  I hope the voters look at the big picture and vote for the candidates who can and will do the most for the children in the district while also remembering the large majority of taxpayers who voted against the large tax increase that the latest referendum would pass on to said taxpayers.

George Lambesis

Candidate Yoder, I have no personal animosities towards you, and have enjoyed the pleasantries we have exchanged on occasion.  My question merely asked why you claimed no affiliation with Berwyn government, when in fact you do.  Volunteering your time for the betterment of the community is a good thing.

Now, let me give you a history lesson: your biggest cheerleader on BCK, who claims that politics has no place in a school board election, did in fact, seek support, in 2011, from the Democratic Committeeman, for candidates she was supporting.  I know, because I was at that meeting.  I have not fabricated any of the questions or observations that I have posted here.  They are all factual, and have been recorded in print, on video, or can be obtained via public information.

Again, have have no ill feelings towards you.

Mrs. Northsider, check your facts; I do work for District 100, and I do live, vote, and pay taxes in Berwyn. Sorry.....

George Lambesis

Looks like all the haters are starting to come out from underneath their rocks.

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: George Lambesis on March 31, 2015, 11:27:24 PM
Looks like all the haters are starting to come out from underneath their rocks.
My children have all received a wonderful education from District 100 so I am no hater of the district.  However, I do object to extreme tax increases and employees who inject themselves as a spokesperson for one set of candidates who does not even live in the district.  That, in my opinion, is wrong. 

George Lambesis

Mrs. N., reread my post. You have now stated, twice, that I don't live in Berwyn.  Please do check your facts.  BTW, the haters are those who hate everything related to certain organizations, and who believe that public employees should leave their civil rights at the door, when it comes to constitutionally protected liberties.

If that's a fact.....now tell me, am I lying?

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: George Lambesis on March 31, 2015, 11:48:08 PM
Mrs. N., reread my post. You have now stated, twice, that I don't live in Berwyn.  Please do check your facts.  BTW, the haters are those who hate everything related to certain organizations, and who believe that public employees should leave their civil rights at the door, when it comes to constitutionally protected liberties.

If that's a fact.....now tell me, am I lying?
I don't believe you live in Berwyn but I do believe you can spout whatever nonsense you want due to your constitutionally protected liberties.  I also think people should know you work for the district so you might have a bias when it comes down to the candidates.  As for organizations, I'm not sure what you're talking about.  Maybe you can elaborate.

George Lambesis

Mrs. N., this is fun!!  I do live in Berwyn, actually, for a longer time than one of your candidates.  Of course, every voter has bias, when it comes to who they vote for.  I have been biased in every election that I have voted in, even before I worked for District 100.  I am also sure that you favor certain candidates over others; that is what the electoral process is all about.

To elaborate, I was talking about political organizations. But I guess that's just the climate in the U.S.A. People no longer agree to disagree. And it happens plenty in this town.  I don't hate any of the candidates; I had questions about statements they had made, things that were related to their campaigns, their affiliations, decisions they had made regarding their character.  That's what I'm talking about; individuals that post in favor of one side, who can verbally vomit all kinds of innuendo and half-truths, yet supporters, of the other side are vilified when they post the truth.  Double standard.

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: George Lambesis on April 01, 2015, 12:18:08 AM
Mrs. N., this is fun!!  I do live in Berwyn, actually, for a longer time than one of your candidates.  Of course, every voter has bias, when it comes to who they vote for.  I have been biased in every election that I have voted in, even before I worked for District 100.  I am also sure that you favor certain candidates over others; that is what the electoral process is all about.

To elaborate, I was talking about political organizations. But I guess that's just the climate in the U.S.A. People no longer agree to disagree. And it happens plenty in this town.  I don't hate any of the candidates; I had questions about statements they had made, things that were related to their campaigns, their affiliations, decisions they had made regarding their character.  That's what I'm talking about; individuals that post in favor of one side, who can verbally vomit all kinds of innuendo and half-truths, yet supporters, of the other side are vilified when they post the truth.  Double standard.
Please invite me to tea, George, at you current residence in Berwyn and we will have it You Tubed.  I will bring the sweets and we will have a heart to heart about the current election.  Mind you, I make some great cookies.

George Lambesis

Let's talk about lawyers interfering in elections.  According to David Orr's website, the candidate whose petitions were objected to, was represented by Mallory A. Milluzzi.

http://www.cookcountyclerk.com/elections/electoralboard/CaseDocuments//2014COEBSD54_decision.pdf

And for which law firm does Ms. Milluzzi work?  Well, a Google search reveals that she works for Klein, Thorpe, Jenkins, the firm that was formerly employed by District 100.

http://www.ktjlaw.com/attorneys/mallory-milluzzi/

Again, glass houses and stones.  Again, double standards....such is life in Berwyn Illinois.

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: George Lambesis on April 01, 2015, 12:39:06 AM
Let's talk about lawyers interfering in elections.  According to David Orr's website, the candidate whose petitions were objected to, was represented by Mallory A. Milluzzi.

http://www.cookcountyclerk.com/elections/electoralboard/CaseDocuments//2014COEBSD54_decision.pdf

And for which law firm does Ms. Milluzzi work?  Well, a Google search reveals that she works for Klein, Thorpe, Jenkins, the firm that was formerly employed by District 100.

Again, glass houses and stones.  Again, double standards....such is life in Berwyn Illinois.
When are you going to invite me for tea, George?  In your Berwyn, Illinois residence.

George Lambesis

Quote from: MRS. NORTHSIDER on April 01, 2015, 12:29:22 AM
Quote from: George Lambesis on April 01, 2015, 12:18:08 AM

Please invite me to tea, George, at you current residence in Berwyn and we will have it You Tubed.  I will bring the sweets and we will have a heart to heart about the current election.  Mind you, I make some great cookies.

You are invited any time, except for the day before the cleaning lady comes.  My wife and I are free on Saturday, and I can show you my lease, electric bill, gas bill, cable bill, checkbook, drivers license, vehicle registration, voter card, and insurance card, all of which bare my home address.  Maybe if we You Tube it, we can use it as a pilot for a new point counter point type, talk show.

Bonster

Quote from: George Lambesis on March 31, 2015, 11:25:06 PM
Now, let me give you a history lesson: your biggest cheerleader on BCK, who claims that politics has no place in a school board election, did in fact, seek support, in 2011, from the Democratic Committeeman, for candidates she was supporting.  I know, because I was at that meeting. 

Yep!

That, to me, is what makes all her pontificating against politics in school board elections laughable.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

chandasz

Quote from: George Lambesis on April 01, 2015, 12:39:06 AM

Except the difference here is that

1) This is a candidate not a board member yet

2) This is a FORMER firm not the current