News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

New School Boards focused website

Started by watcher, March 30, 2015, 06:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonster

All political law firms are ..........  political.  They do what they're hired/paid to do, and they're all good at it.

Any of these firms will bat for any client willing to pay them, and many of them have represented their perceived "opposition" as well.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Ted

Quote from: chandasz on April 01, 2015, 10:49:58 AM

Except the difference here is that

1) This is a candidate not a board member yet

2) This is a FORMER firm not the current

Another difference is that DelGaldo apparently involved itself in an objection to a candidate, even though it should have been neutral because it was employed by District 100 as its legal representation.

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: B o n s t e r on April 01, 2015, 10:21:31 AM
Quote from: George Lambesis on March 31, 2015, 11:25:06 PM
Now, let me give you a history lesson: your biggest cheerleader on BCK, who claims that politics has no place in a school board election, did in fact, seek support, in 2011, from the Democratic Committeeman, for candidates she was supporting.  I know, because I was at that meeting. 

Yep!

That, to me, is what makes all her pontificating against politics in school board elections laughable.

You were talking about Joanne.

Who did she work for?  Art-Flo?

What amazes me is that BCK has a bunch of new people that have very little background about how things have transpired in the past.  I think some folks are using that ignorance to dirty up the Titzer slate.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Ted

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on April 07, 2015, 03:37:42 PM
...  I think some folks are using that ignorance to dirty up the Titzer slate. ... 

One man's "dirt" is another man's "legitimate issue".  And, one man's "Titzer slate" is another man's "Lovero slate".

I thought all the issues discussed were legitimate issues, not "dirt".

For example, I thought it was legitimate to bring up the fact that that slate of candidates put out a flyer saying they would "hold the line on property taxes" when all 4 candidates on the slate voted for the referendum last year.

I also thought it was legitimate to bring up the fact that the mayor was supporting that slate and that assets of the Berwyn Democrats (e.g phone lines) were being used on behalf of those candidates.  It was legitimate to ask how much influence the mayor would have on those candidates after the election.

I also thought it was legitimate to ask why that slate's  PAC was identified as inactive on the Illinois Board of Elections website while the PAC was distributing material saying it was paid for by that PAC.

I thought all of those were legitimate issues.   I guess "dirt" is in the eye of the beholder.

OakParkSpartan

You think other mayors didn't have influence over the school boards?
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

berwyn senator