News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

Election

Started by Ted, April 07, 2015, 08:04:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted

I voted at 6:30 AM this morning and I was the third person to vote at Gunderson and 34th in the 2nd ward.

One of the machines that print out the name sticker was broken and the other was taking a long time.

I was wondering whether anyone in north Berwyn would even come out to vote, given there are no contested elections in north Berwyn.   The only contested election is in District 100.

chandasz

I voted at 7a. One other person there....

OakParkSpartan

7-3 at 11AM I was #12
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

cortalej

When will we know the results? Where would they get posted?

Bonster

... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Ted

In District 100, it looks like Elizabeth Jimenez, Lisa Clemente, Jennifer Mitchell and Mark Titzer.

Elizabeth will be the first Hispanic person to serve on the school board in a district that is over 70% Latino.

Also, in D201, even though the race is uncontested, Board President Jeff Pesek is coming in with the lowest vote total.

Bonster

Amazing how many votes were cast for D201.  Where does it break down how many were from Cicero?

Bonster

For D100, 3 of my 4 won.  I was hoping Darlene would have gotten in, but I'm glad E. O'J got in, as well as Jenny & Mark.

Bonster

In other news, the TeeVee  is telling me Mayor Calderone was reelected in Forest Park by a mere 73 votes! 

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: Ted on April 07, 2015, 09:08:23 PM

In District 100, it looks like Elizabeth Jimenez, Lisa Clemente, Jennifer Mitchell and Mark Titzer.

Elizabeth will be the first Hispanic person to serve on the school board in a district that is over 70% Latino.

Also, in D201, even though the race is uncontested, Board President Jeff Pesek is coming in with the lowest vote total.
Congrats to Elizabeth Jimenez because that has been a long time coming.  I wish her all the best as well as all of the winners in School District 100. 

Ted

Quote from: B o n s t e r on April 07, 2015, 10:18:47 PM
For D100, 3 of my 4 won.  I was hoping Darlene would have gotten in, but I'm glad E. O'J got in, as well as Jenny & Mark.

I was happy to see Elizabeth Jimenez win as well as Mark.  I was also disappointed that Darlene did not win.

I think there was a concerted effort in the Latino community to see a Latina on the school board.  I think that was the main reason Elizabeth was able to win, in spite of Lovero's support of the other candidates.

Ted

Once again, apathy rules in Berwyn.  Here is an amazing statistic - In Cicero, there were no contested races while in Berwyn we had a hotly contested race in D100.  Yet, the voter turnout in Cicero Elementary School District 99 was higher in an uncontested race (around 12%) than the voter turnout in South Berwyn District 100 in a contested race (around 8%).

dukesdad

I voted for Ed Karasek. If he serves out his term, he'll be 100.

Ted

Quote from: dukesdad on April 08, 2015, 11:07:31 AM

I voted for Ed as well. 

Bonster

Quote from: Ted on April 08, 2015, 05:49:09 AM
  I think there was a concerted effort in the Latino community to see a Latina on the school board.  I think that was the main reason Elizabeth was able to win, in spite of Lovero's support of the other candidates.

Yep... and perhaps why Clemente won, even though she's not Latino: there are no pictures in the voting booth.   Next year Darlene should run as Yoderez.  :)

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: dukesdad on April 08, 2015, 11:07:31 AM
I also voted for Ed.  In the end, I am a softie.  I prefer the old to the new, to a point.  When the old refuses to recognize the new and organizes a campaign against them, I vote my heart.

Ted

On another note, Jeff Pesek received the lowest vote total among the candidates running for the full term seats in District 201.

I thought that was interesting, even in an uncontested race - especially for an incumbent board president.

OakParkSpartan

I don't get why no one has ever challenged him on his residency.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato