News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

Installed 10 Solar Panels on my bungalow

Started by catspajamas, September 22, 2014, 06:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catspajamas

I am up and running with my solar panels finally installed after a rocky start. The are producing well, according to the monitoring system. Now all I need is to get ComEd to install the Net-Meter so I can get credit for what is going back into the grid.

psychomom

"He who opens a school door closes a prison"

Victor Hugo

Toria

Does your house happen to be on East Avenue near Cermak?  I see a house with solar panels on the corner of East and twenty third.  My building is on Scoville behind it.

catspajamas

I'm on Oak Park Ave just north of 26th. Last month I only used 32 kW from ComEd. I used to use 250 to 350 kW per month depending on weather conditions.

Bonster

Very cool.   How did they fare over winter?
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

catspajamas

When they have snow on them they don't produce at all. When they are partially covered with snow they don't work either. And when it is really cloudy they barely produce. They are very sun dependent. I know that is what solar means but I was a little surprised at how much the clouds affect them. I am very glad I had them installed though. Each one is independent so If one has snow on it but the one next to it is clear, only the snow covered one is not producing.

berwyn senator

Can't the panels store electricity for use on cloudy days?

berwynson

"I'm on Oak Park Ave just north of 26th. Last month I only used 32 kW from ComEd. I used to use 250 to 350 kW per month depending on weather conditions"

This is a very large and rewarding return. I applaud your installation!   berwynson

rabblerabble

What contractor did you use to install? We are looking to get some installed in the next year.