News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

City Sticker Question

Started by MikeWazowski, May 20, 2015, 01:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeWazowski

So, I recently moved to Berwyn, and see that I will need to get a City Sticker. From what I can tell, it looks like you mainly need the sticker if you want to park on the street overnight, is that correct? I also see that there is an option for a cheaper sticker if my car will be parked in a garage overnight, instead of on the street. My question is, if I'm going to be parking in the garage overnight, why do I need a sticker at all? What's the purpose of the cheaper sticker?

Ted

Quote from: MikeWazowski on May 20, 2015, 01:19:40 PM
So, I recently moved to Berwyn, and see that I will need to get a City Sticker. From what I can tell, it looks like you mainly need the sticker if you want to park on the street overnight, is that correct? I also see that there is an option for a cheaper sticker if my car will be parked in a garage overnight, instead of on the street. My question is, if I'm going to be parking in the garage overnight, why do I need a sticker at all? What's the purpose of the cheaper sticker?

Yes, you still need a sticker, even if you park in your garage;  Not sure why that is, but it is; 

The cheaper sticker means you can not park on the street;  If you ever expect to park your car on the street (even if only for one hour in a blue moon when you are running errands), you still theoretically need to buy the full price sticker.

I always park in the garage (or in my driveway) but I still get the full price city sticker just to be safe

berwyn senator

Are there certain hours,if buy a cheaper sticker where your allowed to park in the street?

Ted

Quote from: berwyn senator on May 20, 2015, 09:43:35 PM
Are there certain hours,if buy a cheaper sticker where your allowed to park in the street?

I don't think so.  I think the whole purpose of the cheaper sticker is to make people park in their garages.

psychomom

The car with the cheaper sticker just needs to be off the street between 3am-6am.

See number 3.

http://www.berwyn-il.gov/sites/all/files/pdfs/Collectors/2015FAQ.pdf
"He who opens a school door closes a prison"

Victor Hugo

Ted

Quote from: psychomom on May 21, 2015, 07:42:48 AM
The car with the cheaper sticker just needs to be off the street between 3am-6am.

See number 3.

http://www.berwyn-il.gov/sites/all/files/pdfs/Collectors/2015FAQ.pdf

Thanks.  I didn't realize that.  I always thought it was any time of day.  Maybe I will get the cheaper sticker then.

berwyn senator

I think the cheaper sticker in a good idea,what about seniors who get stickers free which one will they get?or do they have a choice ? Does this mean better snow removal?

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: Ted on May 21, 2015, 04:49:14 AM
Quote from: berwyn senator on May 20, 2015, 09:43:35 PM

I don't think so.  I think the whole purpose of the cheaper sticker is to make people park in their garages.

I think you are wrong on this Ted.  What you are saying is that anyone with the garage only sticker cannot park on the street, even at 8pm? 

The sticker for garage is for OVERNIGHT parking.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

berwyn senator

Are seniors allowed to choose which sticker they want?

Ted

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on May 24, 2015, 08:28:54 AM
I think you are wrong on this Ted.  What you are saying is that anyone with the garage only sticker cannot park on the street, even at 8pm? 

The sticker for garage is for OVERNIGHT parking.

You (and psychomom) are correct.  I stand corrected.