News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Before Dunkin Donuts

Started by berwyn senator, June 02, 2015, 03:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berwyn senator

Any one remember the small donut shop on the north side of Cermak Rd. east of Ridgeland.They had great coffee and donuts.

berwynson

Was it on the corner  at Cuyler?    berwynson

berwyn senator

The Donut Shop was on the south side of Cermack,between Ridgeland and Cuyler I think it was next Baar Realtors.

berwynson

Wasn't there a store in that same block, south side, that sold pets and live fish?    berwynson

ScovilleBob

This picture was from 1982. The Donut Pantry used to be a few doors east until they moved into the former spot that the Grillette/Kozy Kitchen restaurant was at until the restaurant closed around 1967. I worked at the restaurant from 1962 to 1966 while in high school.

berwyn senator

The pet shop was the Suburban Pet Shop,I thought it moved across the street to the North Easy corner of Ridgeland and Cermak then eventually moved to another spot I am not familiar with. Cermak Rd. is not Recognizable anymore just junk stores, nothing draws my attention to the street. We shop in other suburbs which are similar to what Cermak used to be small butcher shops, resturants,etc. Your picture brings back many memories of the Hobby Day Parade and how things use to be great to see.