News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Berwyn Real Estate offices

Started by berwyn senator, June 04, 2015, 05:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berwyn senator

I can remember years back Cermak Rd. was nothing but S&L's,a few banks and If memory is correct there was over 40 Real Estate Offices?

berwynson

Interesting thought! If no houses basically, were ever for sale, the old hard-case bohunks and Polacks staying put forever, how did all the realtys survive?    berwynson

berwyn senator

Berwyn and Cicero aways had a high turn over of real estate,for what ever reason people moved.Less room,more room,single unit to two or more units,etc most stayed in the area.The average stay in a home was seven years!!!!!The dollar was much stronger. Today things are much different with a much higher turn over for all the wrong reasons.

berwynson

I did not know that. The folks on our block had been there forever. When I sold the bungalow, I had lived in it 30 years! By then, my Dad, who bought it in 1941, was dead, my mother lived in Brookfield near my sister, and I sold out because I was sick of the Crook County politics, not because I had any problem with Berwyn. I commend you, Senator, for remaining there, and, more recently, for standing up against the difficulties you have faced. You are a better MAN than I.   berwynson

berwyn senator

Don't get me wrong it was not easy in Berwyn,shit I was part "Polack" and not well liked when we moved in to Berwyn.Things changed when they learned that Ted's dad a Berwyn Sargent was also half "polack". My first house was a night mare,building dept. was a pain in the ass,but I put up the ridicules bullshit,and haven had any serious issues to deal with since!