News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Ronnie Lottz's last stand?

Started by markberwyn, June 15, 2015, 08:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markberwyn

According to Tamale Sepp's Facebook page, there's been some movement on an ordinance that might move Ronnie Lottz's crap-ass mirror out of his bar:

QuoteWELP, IT IS NOW OFFICIAL: the video of the two-way mirror has resulted in a a PASSED amendment and AN ACTUAL CHANGE IN THE LAW OF BERWYN. Update: the law goes into effect on June 19th and, according to Sandy at Berwyn City Hall, there is no "grandfathering in" of those who had an existing condition.
Moving forward, if a video or visual surveillance device is found in "private space" (like a bathroom), it is grounds for being found guilty of "invading the privacy of another" and that the owner WILL lose their liquor license.
I encourage you to consider that even a small action can result in positive change. Thank you, Alderman Marge Paul for the work you did and to those who unanimously passed the amendment.

"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

markberwyn

In related news, the original thread has been locked and its original name --- "Cigars & Stripes toilet peep show?" has been changed to, simply, "Cigars & Stripes?" Baffling. I know Ronnie Lottz made some bullshit handwaving about how he was going to sue over that thread, but there wasn't a single defamatory thing in that thread.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

Cathy

I thought I would have to teach my children about the world, instead I have to teach the world about my children.

markberwyn

If I understand correctly, the law doesn't go into effect until the 19th, so he still has a couple more days to be the same dim, bitter, misogynistic dope he's been about this for nearly two months.

The Jackal

I hear Ronnie has some "event" planned with respect to taking down the mirror before the 19th.

markberwyn

berwyn senator

Screw the mirror!!!! Is there not a better subject?

Mugster

Quote from: The Jackal on June 17, 2015, 09:04:57 AM
I hear Ronnie has some "event" planned with respect to taking down the mirror before the 19th.

A "time capsule"??

Ted

Tamale Rocks is going to be performing at the Chicago Women's Funny Festival at Stage 773 from June 18 to June 21.

I wonder if she will say anything about the 2-way mirror.

Here was the notice in the Windy City Times:

Chicago women's festival in June

Stage 773 Director of Operations Jill Valentine and co-producer Liz McArthur have announced the lineup for the 4th Annual Chicago Women's Funny Festival, taking place June 18-21 at Stage 773, 1225 W. Belmont Ave.

Highlights include the return of SNL writer Katie Rich; stand-up performer Tamale Rocks; Chicago Sketchfest veteran groups Off Off Broadzway, The Cupid Players and Feminine Gentlemen; wheelchair comic Shannon DeVido; transgender comic and writer Dina Martinez; and stand-up comedian/breast-cancer survivor Kyna Lenhof.

The full schedule for the 4th Annual Chicago Women's Funny Festival can be viewed at ChicagoWomensFunnyFestival.com .

markberwyn

As far as I know, she hasn't made the mirror part of her standup act or any other performing she does. Only Ronnie Lottz has tried to exploit the mirror for money and publicity.

markberwyn

Report from the Windy City Times:

http://www.windycitymediagroup.com/lgbt/New-law-follows-Berwyn-mirror-controversy/51879.html

Good point from Tamale Sepp about the awfulness of Ronnie Lottz's behavior during this whole period:

Quote"More than once, he expressed glee at the free press. Admittedly, the attention was widespread. It was, in fact, worldwide press that illuminated him, his establishment and the city of Berwyn, with their initial lackluster response, in a less than favorable light. That free press was, in the end, quite costly."

I think we can all agree with that.

I have to admit I'm still skeptical that the mirror has actually been removed. Can anybody say if it has? I have a charitable donation to make, and I'd like to know how much to give.

berwyn senator

Aren't we done with this ? How much of the tax payers money was wasted on such a small issue.? With much larger issues in town and seems forever they are handled.

markberwyn

Quote from: berwyn senator on June 21, 2015, 07:43:26 PM
Aren't we done with this ?

I don't know. Is the mirror still up?

Quote from: berwyn senator on June 21, 2015, 07:43:26 PMHow much of the tax payers money was wasted on such a small issue.?

One pointless visit by the police, who presumably swung by when the place was closed and who presumably gave Ronnie Lottz advance notice of their arrival. And whatever it costs to vet and vote on an ordinance. Regardless, I suspect nothing terribly substantial.

markberwyn

Good common-sense editorial from the Suburban Life on misogynist chuckle-hut proprietor Ronnie Lottz:

http://www.mysuburbanlife.com/2015/03/10/our-view-berwyn-two-way-mirror-saga-comes-to-proper-conclusion/a717d9z/

Would've been better if Lottz was challenged to make a public apology for his actions---he embarrassed Berwyn and I can't imagine the Berwyn Development Corporation would want to go within a mile of him anymore. But he doesn't seem yet capable of that level of self-awareness.

berwyn senator

Someone needs to go in the bar and check,female only.

markberwyn

Quote from: berwyn senator on June 26, 2015, 09:21:50 PM

Well, I'd hate to recommend that anybody actually patronize the business to find out.

Look. I'm sure I spend money at plenty of businesses whose owners do and think things I wouldn't like. But Ronnie Lottz has made his place a reflection (ha!) of his personality, and his personality is defined by boorishness, and sustained contempt at anybody who calls him out on it.

The only upside of this whole thing is that he was moved to fire a virulent racist who'd been performing there for years. But even that doesn't speak so well of Ronnie Lottz's management skills---if he was oblivious to the neo-Nazi he regularly invited onto his premises, what else was he oblivious about?

berwyn senator

I was unaware of all of those things!

markberwyn

Here's the class act Ronnie Lottz kept around for years:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deLj8M9Nx-w

Here he is with Ronnie in happier days:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXRKCilPpQg

berwyn senator

In my younger days I knew a lot of bar owners,most were a bit off the wall,but in this day and age Mr. Lottz takes the cake!

The Jackal

Quote from: markberwyn on June 27, 2015, 09:18:03 AM
Quote from: berwyn senator on June 26, 2015, 09:21:50 PM
Well, I'd hate to recommend that anybody actually patronize the business to find out.

Well, what outside of not patronizing Cigars and Stripes would you recommend the people of Berwyn do?