News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

Fireworks

Started by MikeWazowski, June 29, 2015, 09:53:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeWazowski

Are there any public fireworks displays scheduled for this coming weekend in Berwyn? I was trying to find a schedule on-line, but I could not find anything.

Mugster

I don't think there are any in Berwyn.  The closest display I've found is in Lyons.

From their site...  Getty said that the parade will kick off at 1 pm on Saturday at 46th Street and Lawndale Avenue, heading to Joliet Avenue North to the Fire Station.
A Kids Party will begin at 6:30 pm through 9 pm at Veteran's Park featuring entertainment for families and children, face painting for the kids, food and music. The Fireworks display will begin at Dusk.
"We urge everyone to arrive early and enjoy the festivities. The best place to watch the fireworks is from William G. Smith & Veteran's Park," Getty said.

MRS. NORTHSIDER

There haven't been any for at least 5 to 7 years now in Berwyn.  Berwyn used to have them yearly at Morton West and North Riverside had them usually the same night so if you parked at the North Riverside Mall you could usually see them both.  No. Riverside no longer has them either.  Budget constraints were the cause for the cessation, at least here in Berwyn.

MikeWazowski

Mugster and Mrs. Northsider, thanks for the info.

OakParkSpartan

Oak Park has them and may be closer than Lyons.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

berwyn senator

Try Oak Brook,call North Riverside I was told they are going to use the Riverside Golf course,call these place to confirm.

berwyn senator

Here is something for everyone no money,but Berwyn spends our tax dollars on a bar Cigars and Stripes that causes no trouble to no one.