News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Kids That Grew Up Together

Started by berwyn senator, July 17, 2015, 01:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berwyn senator

A group of us meet for lunch every couple of months,memories are never forgotten from our childhood.Said to say we lost two good friends,all us remember the good times growing up on one block.There was approximately 15 boys living on each side of the alley,our play ground.We will never forget playing inside new homes that were taking our prairies away from us.

berwyn senator

How many kids went to Havliceck,Lincoln,then Morton East High?

berwynson

I did, but of course, you knew that. Now, Marcy, will you give us any clue as to where your location is? Chances are good, something or another "went down" near there before you arrived, which Senator or I are possibly aware of.
berwynson

berwyn senator

How many Kids played softball at Lincoln School at 16th. & Elmwood during the 60's?

berwynson

Gosh, we all did! In October 1963, I wrecked my7 Mercury on Elmwood and 18th. St., do you remember it? Sometime around there, Sue had banned you for puking in our basement, do you remember that??

I had a half-full bottle of Tequila on the rack behind me, and you demanded I give it to you, which I did. You said, "Hell, I can chug this!"

I swear to God your eyes rotated in opposite directions, and presently, you threw up in the garbage can. That's when she came downstairs and caught us. I think Ted was there. Ask him if he remembers it!

What times they were! berwynson

berwyn senator

Tequila hell the cheap scotch also did a number on me sick for a week. I can remember passed out on your basement stairs news year eve your parents came home early,your mother opened the door saw me said excuse me and closed the door. They did put up with plenty of nonsense, and were very nice about our fooling around the house.I remember the neighbor to the south bitching about something we did but was afraid to push the issue.

berwyn senator

I would guess we are the only two from Lincoln that are on Berwyn Talk,or some do not want to admit their presence

berwynson

Hey, Senator, back before then, the guy at Foremost Liquors on Roosevelt carded me, but not you! Before that, we had an old guy who met us out in front, gave him dough plus a couple bucks as the clerk outside watched us through the big front window, guy went in, bought a bottle of Cobb's Creek", cheapest hootch there, came out and gave it to us. then we went to my house to play cards and swill it away.  Once, we tried to get my mother's canarybird to try some!! But, Ted and George always went light on the bottle, smarter than us. Bryan, I don't remember drinking at all. Was he younger yet?

Years later, somebody told me, proly Charlie, that Bryan had moved to Phoenix. Meant he was there while we were, but I didn't know. That he came back to Berwyn, screwed up head, some kind of nervous breakdown? I liked the kid! Once, at the light on Austin and Cermak in George's Imperial, first at the light, a nice girl walking across in front of us......you told him say hello to the girl....he said, "Hi-ya, Cu&t"!

Cobb's Creek ruled!!

berwyn senator

Byron was always nervous,Came back from Nam real weird did not socialize at all.I have no Idea where he is,I met a guy in wisconsin,he was built like sponge bob and looked like Rodney Dangerfield speaking just like him, that used to work with George and Byron at a GM parts center. Byron was very withdrawn,George was the Bird Man.Always making bird calls in the warehouse.Even his x-wife will not disclose where Byron is located real strange.

berwyn senator

Foremost I remember buying Tawny Port,Gallons of Pizzano $1.39,and beer five guards for a $1.00.We drank all the good stuff! Georges father used to send us to Foremost to buy him beer only a small portion made it back to his house, hell we were Freshman them so Charley was a senior? .One afternoon we came back from Foremost.Ray was in the garage with George's father.They both were drinking warm beer from the garage, the old man's hanky was hanging out of the old mans pocket.I don't have any idea why Ray decided to light the hanky on fire!! The old man started to run around the garage hollering "watch your step buster" Finally one of us hosed the old man down, he just said give me my beer, nothing about his hanky.George's mother found out so we were barred form the house.Only lasted a few days!!!!

berwyn senator

What we did years ago if we did that today we would all be locked as sex offenders!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have times changed, imagime can't call a girl Bush! today it might not be a girl!!!!!

berwyn senator

The other day I was on my parents front porch helping my mother walk in the house,A gentleman walked by and said he was from Berwyn and just walking around.He was from 16th & Elmwood the weather was miserable so by the time I got down the stairs he was gone.Just wondering if he was one of the kids we played ball with at Lincoln?

berwyn senator

I can remember a card game up north, driving there in the Thunderbird with a bottle of Cobs Creek,we did get away!!!!!!!!!!

berwyn senator

I often wonder if any of the kids we hung out with and played ball with at Lincoln school on 16th.st. ever read this sight? I would like to hear from them if still living, this would have to be in the 60's.I do keep in touch with some, others are dead,quite a few remain.

berwynson

Charlie sent me the 50th. anniversary of Morton graduation for 1960. Out of around 500, over 100 were dead! That was when I was 68. I asked him names, the twins from 18th and Elmwood, Bruce & Wayne Jensik, both dead. Larry Rempert, Steve Bykowicz, Steve Hanzlik, many others. We be gettin' old, guy!

'Course, I didn't graduate with my class, thanks to Grace Elliot. Went an extra semester. They mailed me my diploma. Bad year, that Senior year.

berwyn senator

The Jensik twins died at 45 years old, when their younger brother turned 45 he also died.He had medical problems from Nam,that didn't help his situation.Was at the parents anniversary two weeks before they each died, hard to believe this happened. There appears to be some type of tragedy in most everyones life.The sad part is even if I was nose to nose with one of the kids from Lincoln would not recognize who they were! Did manage to meet several old class mates from Morton our music brought us together.I really enjoy visiting with them.

berwyn senator

I would wager that many of the kids we grew up with read Berwyn Talk!

berwynson

Hope you had an enjoyable Christmas, old buddy!

berwyn senator

We must be the only kids that grew up in Berwyn!!!!!!!!

moose

I grew up in Berwyn, but not till the 60's-70's!
Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them. - Dr Seuss