News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

Old Busineses

Started by berwyn senator, July 19, 2015, 02:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berwyn senator

I have been wondering if a bar and hall still exists on the corner of 16Th.& 58Ave.The place used to be called the Red Velvet.Many gangsters used to hang out there,holes from bullets could be seen in the brick walls.I am not sure of the story behind the gangland shootings,plenty of rumors went around the neighborhood.

berwyn senator

Am I the only old timer left in Berwyn and Cicero?

berwynson

Quote from: berwyn senator on July 19, 2015, 02:23:57 PM
I have been wondering if a bar and hall still exists on the corner of 16Th.& 58Ave.The place used to be called the Red Velvet.Many gangsters used to hang out there,holes from bullets could be seen in the brick walls.I am not sure of the story behind the gangland shootings,plenty of rumors went around the neighborhood.

Jesus, guy! That was the place Sue's folks lived, upstairs! The owner had a speech impediment; we asked for cream soda, and nhe always said, "C..C...C...C.Cr..eam soda?

Her mother suffered a miscarriage there, upstairs, and I watched horrified as the medics wheeled her out with blood pouring out of her....I was truly shocked. Her mother was about 38.   berwynson

berwyn senator

I guess we are the only old farts on Berwyn Talk?

berwynson

Or the only ones who give a shit, considering the muck that's left.

berwyn senator

I often wonder what happened to the kids that used to play ball with us at Lincoln? I am aware a few are dead, the others probably don't care about Berwyn. Some of friends from high school I have met recently, all are empty nesters and have remained in the area.