News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Pit Bulls

Started by berwyn senator, August 25, 2016, 10:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

berwyn senator

Why has Berwyn not banned these dogs? many towns have and many are in the process of doing so,it can be done for the safety of residents. I tired of hearing if their raised right the dogs are fine tell the to the people who were attacked by these dogs1

markberwyn

I feel much the same way about guns.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

berwyn senator

I must agree with you,guns should be banned!

markberwyn

Given all the drive-by shootings I hear are occurring in Berwyn, a gun ban is a no-brainer.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

Ted

Quote from: berwyn senator on August 25, 2016, 10:04:16 AM
Why has Berwyn not banned these dogs? many towns have and many are in the process of doing so,it can be done for the safety of residents. I tired of hearing if their raised right the dogs are fine tell the to the people who were attacked by these dogs1

There has been a lot of discussion about this over the years on BTF.  In fact I think pit bulls has been the most discussed subject on BTF.

Couple of reasons for no ban - First, there are a lot of pit bull owners and they vote.  I remember a city council meeting around 10 to 15 years ago where this was put on the agenda and the pit bull owners showed up en masse at the city council meeting.

Second pit bull owners claim that it is hard to identify pit bulls from other breeds.

Third, pit bull owners argue that not all pit bulls are dangerous and that it is the individual dogs that should be judged, not the breed.

berwyn senator

How come other towns are able to ban these dogs and Berwyn is unable to do so or doesn't want to? The problem is the people who walk these dogs are unable to control their strength.People who walk smaller dogs can be attacked by these animals,many cases are documented one recently happening in Riverside.Driving out of my alley one morning a punk walking one of these  dogs let the dog jump at my car, he was unable to hold the dog back.I quickly backed up the car as he gained control of the dog,I never saw such a vicious animal,just imagine if another dog or child was walking by? If we believe what pit bull owners tell us then we must believe elephants fly. Years ago a women was attacked in Berwyn killing her small dog injuring her,the pit bull went after the police who then shot the dog.We don't need this happening in Berwyn.I love the discussions and missed them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

markberwyn

Suzy Q

Markberwyn, where are these drive- bys occuring?  It's hard to know what is going on in this city.

berwyn senator

Berwyn alderman must be afraid of loosing votes!

markberwyn

Quote from: Suzy Q on August 26, 2016, 11:23:41 PM
Markberwyn, where are these drive- bys occuring?  It's hard to know what is going on in this city.

I don't know; berwyn senator says they happen a lot, though.

berwyn senator

That was several years ago,I was out of town, so recently I am not aware of issues.

markberwyn

Quote from: berwyn senator on August 27, 2016, 12:49:02 PM
That was several years ago,I was out of town, so recently I am not aware of issues.

Less than two years ago you said that drive-by shootings happen in Berwyn but that they're not reported by residents.

http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=13269.msg216983#msg216983

berwyn senator

Statements were made in 1913 a little ways back back,I just returned and was out of town awhile.

markberwyn

Quote from: berwyn senator on August 27, 2016, 05:08:54 PM
Statements were made in 1913 a little ways back back,I just returned and was out of town awhile.

It'll be interesting to hear your thoughts about what's changed between now and when the drive-by shootings were occurring in .... where in Berwyn did you say the shootings were happening?

berwyn senator

I haven't had time to research recent shootings,as i stated I have been out to town and didn't pay much attention to Berwyn while away.

markberwyn

Oh, that's fine. I was just hoping you could post a reminder of where the drive-bys happened in the past.

Bonster

The recent drive-bys were directed, not just random thugs shooting at innocent homeowners.  I wouldn't be afraid to hang out on my own property.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

berwyn senator

From what I understand the Berwyn Police have things pretty much under control.Berwyn including surrounding suburbs work together,under one gang unit. Riverside police chef heads the unit,have no idea how all works,seems to working so far.

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: Bonster on August 29, 2016, 08:16:34 AM
The recent drive-bys were directed, not just random thugs shooting at innocent homeowners.  I wouldn't be afraid to hang out on my own property.
Me either.  Things around here are very boring except for the homes that the hospital owned and sold off that are being rehabbed from the ground up - literally gutted and now being rehabbed.  I can't wait to see who buys and becomes my new neighbors.  Hoping for the best.

berwyn senator

Once the homes are done they should sell for a high price so your chance of getting a good neighbor is fairly good! I don't remember the hospital buying those homes,and for what reason.