Gay Republican running for Berwyn's house seat

Started by Ted, September 02, 2016, 03:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted

Andy Kirchoff, a gay Republican who was born in and still lives in Berwyn, is running for the Illinois House 24th District seat against incumbent Democrat Lisa Hernandez this November.  The 24th district covers parts of Berwyn, Cicero, Riverside, Brookfield and the west side of Chicago.

From a gay perspective, however, the interesting thing is that Andy opposes the legal recognition of same sex marriage and he would have voted against the Illinois marriage equality bill if he had been in the Illinois House at the time of the vote.

markberwyn

Quote from: Ted on September 02, 2016, 03:47:23 PM

Andy Kirchoff, a gay Republican who was born in and still lives in Berwyn, is running for the Illinois House 24th District seat against incumbent Democrat Lisa Hernandez this November.  The 24th district covers parts of Berwyn, Cicero, Riverside, Brookfield and the west side of Chicago.

From a gay perspective, however, the interesting thing is that Andy opposes the legal recognition of same sex marriage and he would have voted against the Illinois marriage equality bill if he had been in the Illinois House at the time of the vote.

I can't imagine the GOP would field him if he had a different view. Interesting that there's a gay GOP candidate in the area at all, though.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

Ted

Here is a link to his facebook page.  The top post is about yesterday's All Berwyn Committee's Candidates forum:

https://www.facebook.com/Andy-Kirchoff-1674248852844141/#

Ted

Here is a link to the BUNGALO page.  Scroll down to a post on May 14, where BUNGALO identifies his positions on issues and posted about the opening of his campaign:

https://www.facebook.com/BUNGALOBerwynGLBT

Ted

Quote from: markberwyn on September 02, 2016, 07:19:18 PM
Quote from: Ted on September 02, 2016, 03:47:23 PM

I can't imagine the GOP would field him if he had a different view. Interesting that there's a gay GOP candidate in the area at all, though.

According to him, he is one of two openly gay Republicans running for the Illinois State House this year.  The other is downstate.

berwyn senator

All I care about is  persons qualifications,he will have my support!

berwyn senator

I get tired of democrats being elected to office and never doing nothing!!!!!!!!!!