News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

Waste Management

Started by berwyn senator, September 11, 2016, 12:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berwyn senator

If anything garbage pick up has gotten much worse! Cans left out in the alley never put back.Papers,grass clippings dropped and left,along with pieces of garbage.Years ago residents would sweep and clean up behind their properties,today residents do shit,they must not care! Time to find another waste hauler? or am I a resident who cares? Do we want to look like Chicago?

MindoverMatter

berwyn senator

Travel through the alleys,days before pick up garbage is over flowing in the cans,evidence of more than one family in the property.Now remodeling waste is in the alleys,TV's,tires are left behind the garages.Remember when more than one family lives in a single family home they only are paying rates for one family,thus raising the rates of all honest residents. Some towns are charging by the bag,one for garbage and one for recycling,the more bags you use the more you pay.This prevents jerks from filling others cans when theirs are full,also they pay for the amount of garbage they throw out!!!!!!

markberwyn

Have you contacted the police or your alderman with your concerns?
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

berwyn senator

In our ward rats were common,poisoning was necessary,then that stopped now with garbage overflowing this could be a problem.What alderman? Waste management is no help leaving garbage droppings in the alley.

markberwyn

Have you contacted Waste Management with your concerns?
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

berwyn senator

Yes I have and even sent a blight inspector to an address where all the left over materials were put in the alley and left from a remodeled home.Crap was piled all over.I was under the opinion all those materials should be removed by the contractor?

markberwyn

So where did you leave it with the blight inspector? Was the contractor contacted? Is the crap still there?

berwyn senator

He was to take pictures and said they would handle situation,this was Friday crap is still there left another message and I will follow up Monday.One of the neighbors swept the nails and materials from the alley back on to the garage apron.