News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Old Berwyn Neighbors Pain In The Ass

Started by berwyn senator, September 20, 2016, 10:17:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

berwyn senator

Years ago I moved because I couldn't pick up a hammer in the garage and I was reported,not thinking I bought a bigger home in Berwyn.I enjoyed living here and saw no reason to move.The new neighbors on each side,across the alley and street were all nuts. Kids couldn't play in the alley cops were called,couldn't park in front cops were called car was to far over. Thank god for several good neighbors we stayed and happy we did.The old buggers are now all in woodlawn us younger ones are still here!!! HA! HA! Some were so mean I could not believe how couples got along,we used to hear them arguing and swearing at each other. But one by one they were gone and younger people moved in and now sanity. I sometimes wonder why our children moved away? they would not put up with the bullshit we did. Why put money into a house and have all the issues we did.

berwyn senator

One jerk neighbor would threaten people if your bumper was parked just over his property line.He would be out in the street yelling and hollering late at night for people to move their cars. One mistake he made was confronting the polack across the street, sent the police to his house with a threat of a complaint being filed. This was common in Berwyn even when I lived in North Berwyn people thought they owned the street, things got so bad between some neighbors they would not allow a ladder to be put in their gangway so one could paint or clean their gutters! Berwyn was a crazy town at one time, play in the alley cops were called kids were making to much noise.Walk down the street step on a lawn out came the babba yelling and screaming about ruining her lawn.One D.P. as she was named used to steal our baseball if it landed in her yard.Police had to be called to get the ball back she always chased us from the alley.When we were younger we put up with her nonsense, older kids in the neighborhood would not.One chacteristic  of the Berwyn bungalow all were very neat on the out side,on the inside most all were in original condition.Czecks were cheap and would only put as little as possible in their homes. My home had lamp cord strung in the basement for outlets!!! even in the kitchen, garage same way.They would have been better off leaving well enough alone. I have been in many bungalows all the same some even had make shift apartments both up and down.The same is happening today every home that was a single family residence has apartments both up and down, then we wonder why there is no parking on the streets.