News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

Rats

Started by berwyn senator, September 24, 2016, 10:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berwyn senator

Back in the mid fifties when the dump was filled on 31st. & Cicero Ave. Rats migrated into south cicero,west into Berwyn. Currently  South Berwyn alleys are poisoned for rats,so the problem still exists.

berwyn senator

I guess no one lives in south Berwyn!!!!!!!!!!

berwyn senator

Stickney has a rat problem, while sitting in front of Jewels one evening rats could be seen running along the walls by the Pumpkins. I got the manager and all he said was they comming from the forest preserve across the streets, traps are set undertone pumpkins! I would think before buying a Jewel pumpkin!

berwyn senator

All that is left by Jewels is rat trap and a container of pumpkins!!!

Marcy

Quote from: berwyn senator on September 24, 2016, 10:18:16 PM
Back in the mid fifties when the dump was filled on 31st. & Cicero Ave. Rats migrated into south cicero,west into Berwyn. Currently  South Berwyn alleys are poisoned for rats,so the problem still exists.
North Berwyn alleys are poisoned for rats too.

berwyn senator

Jewels blames the rat problem on the forest preserve across Harlem Ave. in Lyons.It couldn't be that Jewels garbage is the problem? Maybe we need more stray cats? I would say the problem comes from residents garbage containers overflowing, not being covered properly.When I leave my garage I see all the crap people throw out way before the evening before their garbage pick up day.

berwyn senator

Five days before garbage pick up, which is supposed to be illegal, cans are overflowing, crap is on the ground, materials from contractors out in the alley Why? Monday is feeding day for rats! Oh! by the way Jewel is fixing the problem Rat traps all along their walls, garabage in the back of the store could not be the problem!

berwyn senator

Start at Ogden go south down the alley between Clinton and Kenilworth,

berwyn senator

Still the garbage overflows!!!!!

berwyn senator

I would suggest a class by the town for the pigs, on rules of garbage placement and when.Ticket these people and make them spend so many hour in class!!!!!!!!