News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

Great Society

Started by berwyn senator, September 29, 2016, 12:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berwyn senator

Chicago and some suburbs are getting like the wild west,think I was in dead wood. When I travel into Chicago I have a hard time believing how shitty the neighborhoods are,Painted walls,trucks,train cars,what a mess.Friggen bumbs on the corners begging,used to all be on Madison St. We thought the city was a mess years ago to me it has gotten much worse. They laugh at Trump when he talks about law and order,hell we need bounty hunters to get rid of the gangs.Police are getting shot at,we never had that we respected them.The drugs are driving these assholes nuts,killing kids and innocent people.

markberwyn

What has made the neighborhoods you go into "shitty," in your estimation?
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

berwyn senator

I don't have the answer people are people all I am aware of when my parents lived in Chicago they struggled,the neighborhood was very clean,I have many pictures.Could it be just aging of buildings,lack of city services. Maybe just times have changed? Better yet Johnson's Great Society?

markberwyn

Tell me more about the things that LBJ's Great Society did that made neighborhoods shitty.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

berwyn senator

Welfare! why work when getting paid to stay home! This was never the situation years back,independence was a big factor.Why do we have all the shootings in iChicago neighborhoods?

markberwyn

Getting paid to stay home---sounds like a sweet deal! Why didn't you take advantage of it, or other people you knew? What is it about the people who decide that welfare is great way to avoid work? Tell me more about them.

berwyn senator

Sorry but I did not Qualify nor did any of my friends.We all faced life the hard way we worked for everything we have. As a young fellow I worked to pay my way through school,many companies were located in Cicero years ago.One example most company's had apprenticeships four years to become a journeyman,individuals started at the bottom of the pay scale increasing every year,and would have to purchase their own tools. There was a government sponsored organization called man power that trained inner city adults after ninety days they were considered journeyman,given complete tool boxes with necessary tools.Companys had quotas on hiring so they went to the top of the waiting list and were hired as journeyman and paid the journeyman rate. How many took the job seriously? When I quite to go to school full time none had remained,tools were abused destroyed along with nothing but scrap parts being maid,most took days off.This all transpired with the help of journeyman doing additional training. Opportunities are and will always be available but welfare ,and gangs are an easier way out. You tell me what has changed today?

berwyn senator

I Was told by a college recruiter even though I was at the top of my class the curriculum I choose was filled because there were quotes for each one no matter how well a person scored.This was years back,have things changed? I would not want to bet on it being different. I did find a top school and paid for most of my education.

markberwyn

You're certainly painted a robust picture about how you, a product of a top-flight education, have worked hard and made the most of your opportunities! But you've only answered one of my questions. Again: What is it about the people who decide that welfare is great way to avoid work? Tell me more about them.

berwyn senator

I wish I could but I have no idea what makes people turn to welfare when the opportunities are out there for everyone.What makes people turn to a life of crime,no idea why.

berwyn senator

Years back I worked in many areas of Chicago,they were safe and stable,Today these same neighborhoods are unsafe,shootings,gangs and thefts.What has happened? I hear on the news this is happening around the country,what has caused the unstablization?Is it getting worse? I have no answer.