News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

Cermack Rd.

Started by berwyn senator, December 02, 2016, 09:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berwyn senator

I drove down Cermack Rd. to Old Fashioned Candies,I realized there was not any other store on the street I would shop in.The stores look dirty, curbs filthy,no more theaters, small restaurants, just a sad mess. Just my opinion!

berwyn senator

Years back store owners could be seen on Monday mornings cleaning their windows, sweeping the curbs and sidewalks in front of their stores.Today crap is strewn on sidewalks curbs and just left.Even the type of stores look shabby and unkept.Oh!well must continue to shop in Oak Brook,La Grange,and Oak Park.Why can't Berwyn change?

berwyn senator

Drove down Cermack tonight'sad to say the area looks drab.This is Christmas time wreaths are half ass hanging on the poles very few stores have their windows decorated.The window are so filthy,doesn't look very attractive to a shopper. How can other suburbs look so festive and Berwyn looks like shit.

markberwyn

"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

Suzy Q

What's going in at the old Seneca Restaurant?  Looks like work is being done.

soxrwrldchamps05

@ suzy Q. from what i have heard zacatacos was suppose to have bought the old seneca restaurant.

berwyn senator

I understand the old Art's Toys store is being rebuilt and Zacatacos is the supposed owner? The old Seneca Restaurant has also been rumored to have been bought by Zacatacos? Maybe someone has knowledge of where the real Zacatacos is going to be located?

berwyn senator

Great to see someone putting money into 22nd. street still not enough is being done to attract shoppers that go to other suburbs.

berwyn senator

Great to see someone putting money into 22nd. street still not enough is being done to attract shoppers that go to other suburbs.

berwyn senator

Driving down Cermak Rd. I couldn't help notice the many empty parking spots and lack of people walking down the street.Traffic was bumper to bumper traveling up and back from the mall.Years back didn't Cicero have the option of building the college on the North Riverside Mall property? The old people in Berwyn panicked and were afraid the college kids would cause problems for the businesses on Cermak Rd. and voted against the college.

berwyn senator

When we were older going to Cermak Rd. just to spend time going in the stores to see what was new.Sport shops, hobby shops, dime store with the wooden floors,Pet shop etc. Today there is nothing of interest anymore, all are gone, just a bunch of nothing businesses.One by one the ma and pa stores closed nothing replaced them.I can remember working for Gabriel Sales on Cermak in Cicero during the summer.A neat auto parts store with a repair shop in the rear during my break I would go back and talk fishing to the owners brother.Didn't matter too much time spent in the back so end of the year I was gone.Gone fishing for two weeks then back to school! On the way home from Morton East we would sometimes stop at the Economy Restaurant on Corner of Harvey and Cermak.Large coke and fries were the order of the day spending time just hanging out with other kids.

berwyn senator

Can we remember the Berwyn and Olympic shows? Walking to Cermak Rd. in a group on Sunday for the Matinee movies, cost five cents. The Ritz on Roosevelt Rd. was more fun one kid would pay enter the show then walk to a side door open the door and several others would enter free.Most of the movies weren't current but the cartoons were. The ushers never figured out we were seeking in the show because we were well behaved, while others in the show created problems.

berwyn senator

Cermack Rd. appears to be getting more vacant stores!The further east the worse it gets, junk stores, vacant stores the only decent one is Old Fashioned Candies.The west part is coming along well, the east is going backward. Never do you see the people walking and shopping, no decent restaurants east.

markberwyn

It's spelled "Cermak."
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

berwyn senator

berwyn senator

I guess people have nothing better to do but correct others!

markberwyn

Is this how you responded to the teachers who corrected you when you pursued your Master's degree?