News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

New Alleys

Started by berwyn senator, January 16, 2017, 09:26:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

berwyn senator

Maybe five years ago are old cement alleys were replaced with cheap ashfault,the alleys were cracked but still in pretty good shape.Now the alleys are all cracked down the middle and sides, the job was down by a contractor from out of state very poor workmen ship.Many of our garage aprons were cracked during construction were they repaired no! The heavy trucks are causing the damage probably was not taken into consideration when paved.

markberwyn

Quote from: berwyn senator on January 16, 2017, 09:26:08 AM
Maybe five years ago are old cement alleys were replaced with cheap ashfault,the alleys were cracked but still in pretty good shape.Now the alleys are all cracked down the middle and sides, the job was down by a contractor from out of state very poor workmen ship.Many of our garage aprons were cracked during construction were they repaired no! The heavy trucks are causing the damage probably was not taken into consideration when paved.

What's the name of the out-of-state contractor? I'm very surprised that a place like Berwyn wouldn't use a local firm for construction work.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

moose

for as long as I can remember, our alley was cement, still till this day!
Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them. - Dr Seuss

berwyn senator

Why our alley was repaved I have no idea,calls to aldermen, public works went unanswered.The workers spoke no english, contractor was from Texas,I believe the same one that did Ogden Ave. when one worker was killed.My only thought is the money was Federal so maybe there was no choice by Berwyn.

markberwyn

How do you know the contractor was from Texas? Did you get a name of the company?
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

berwynson

Quote from: markberwyn on January 17, 2017, 11:57:26 AM
How do you know the contractor was from Texas? Did you get a name of the company?

Why would it matter where the contractor was from, at all, or more specifically, why would that matter to YOU?

I'll answer my question prematurely to hearing your response, just for the hell of it: because it opens an avenue for you to imply incompetency on the part of other posters here.

I can well understand the lack of tolerance for such inability, especially when it is projected out in front of one so totally able to deal with issues at hand, and offer stinging comment to others.

Is your game open to play by others, or do you operate under a closed set of rules?

berwynson 

markberwyn

I'm not sure what you're trying to say in most of your post, so I'll just say that if you feel like you have a legitimate criticism of anything I post here, you should feel free to criticize it!

But to your first question: The post was interesting to me---it doesn't "matter" to me, but I find it interesting---because I like Berwyn, miss Berwyn, have friends and family in Berwyn, and I hate seeing Berwyn lied about. And berwyn senator has a history of lying about Berwyn, telling lies of a very particular type: Things in Berwyn were once Good, but now they are Bad. I don't think we need to relitigate his posts about drive-by shootings, poverty, and kids who can't read, let alone the welfare cheat with the nice car he spotted at "the store." Point is, his story about alley paving had the hallmarks of another berwyn senator lie, topped off with a dash of bigotry---the job was done by No-Speeka-English Contractors in Texas, so incompetent that one of their workers got killed on Ogden Ave. I don't feel bad for a second for asking if he has details about this story, and I don't see why there would be any issue with him answering them.

berwyn senator

I will not bother to respond to clueless!

berwyn senator

When the heavy equipment came through the alley removing the top inches of cement in the alley, they hit the aprons of some of the garages cracking most.There were no expansion strips between alley and the apron this was common on the newer garages so the aprons cracked the old cement held up pretty good.The pounding was terrible even cracking garage floors.Many neighbors complained!!! Then machine came through sweeping up the loose stones shooting them against the metal doors denting them and pitting most.This is a classic example of cheap unskilled labor.