News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

Election results

Started by Ted, February 28, 2017, 09:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Jackal

Seeing as he's your new alderman, I think maybe you should go talk to him in person.

Isn't that the stock Berwyn answer?

;D

Bonster

Quote from: The Jackal on March 02, 2017, 05:05:03 PM
Seeing as he's your new alderman, I think maybe you should go talk to him in person.

;D
Ha! 

I had him over for a few hours, he said doesn't know her (Marge's) motivations, but promised not to be a rubber stamp to Teddy if he won.  Of course, we'll never know, now.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Bonster

More important than any contract/tax/gambling/staffing issues - he had great decorating advice!

The Jackal

Quote from: Bonster on March 02, 2017, 05:19:27 PM

;D
Ha! 

I had him over for a few hours, he said doesn't know her (Marge's) motivations, but promised not to be a rubber stamp to Teddy if he won.  Of course, we'll never know, now.

You should have asked him if he'd be a rubber stamp to Bobby!

Ted

Quote from: Bonster on March 02, 2017, 01:23:26 PM
Ted - another thought on likelihood of Marge running for mayor:  She'd be giving up a sweet, well-paying position for one that not only pays less, but has 10X the stress!

I agree. 

The Jackal

Quote from: Bonster on March 02, 2017, 05:19:27 PM

;D
Ha! 

Marge's motivations???

Ted

Quote from: berwyn senator on March 02, 2017, 02:32:21 PM
I may have missed something?when is the election for the assessor?  I think the DCOB sat back and didn't expect the lousyears passed proved that if no effort you loose.

The man that the Berwyn United group had put up for assessor did not meet the qualifications.  Therefore, since David Avila did not have any opponents, his name did not appear on the primary ballot. His name will be on the ballot in the general election on April 4.

Also, Al Kveton filed a petition to appear on the ballot as an unaffiliated candidate but his petition was challenged and the local electoral board removed him from the April ballot.  Al is appealing the decision and fighting it in court.

Ted

Quote from: The Jackal on March 02, 2017, 05:36:39 PM

That statement (not being a rubber stamp) is something Scott Lennon was telling people during the campaign.  I thought that was interesting of him to say that.

Bonster

I didn't even recognize Al last time I saw him!  It took a couple minutes of him talking to figure out who he was.

The Jackal

Quote from: Ted on March 02, 2017, 05:53:37 PM

That statement (not being a rubber stamp) is something Scott Lennon was telling people during the campaign.  I thought that was interesting of him to say that.

Who's rubber stamping whom?

berwyn senator

I would support Al,great person!

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Ted - another thought on likelihood of Marge running for mayor:  She'd be giving up a sweet, well-paying position for one that not only pays less, but has 10X the stress!
I highly doubt she has money on her mind.  If she did, she would have likely just stayed where she was as alderman of the 2nd Ward and not left it for a question mark.  Perhaps she is one of those rare few who actually are in it for public service.  A guess that is actually an anomaly in these times.

Bonster

Quote from: MRS. NORTHSIDER on March 02, 2017, 08:42:59 PM
I highly doubt she has money on her mind.  If she did, she would have likely just stayed where she was as alderman of the 2nd Ward and not left it for a question mark. 
Alderman pays only $12K, and has the stress of the entire ward, phone ringing of the hook, and people pissed that you're not responding.  Not the pressure of mayor, but not fun if you care about doing a good job. 

She was done with the thankless crap, wasn't up for mayoral slot, yet still ran for a position which has an impact on operations.

The Jackal

Ted,

I think the comparison made by Bonster was between the Mayoral and Clerk positions, not between the aldermanic and clerk positions.

The Jackal

Who was Mr. Lennon referencing?

Ted

Quote from: The Jackal on March 03, 2017, 09:38:12 AM

Who was Mr. Lennon referencing?

That he would not be a rubber stamp for the administration.

The Jackal

Ted

The Jackal

Oh, I see.

Why would his independence be an issue at this point?

He seems like a fairly independent, progressive guy. I'm pretty sure he won't vote lockstep with anyone.

Ted

Quote from: The Jackal on March 04, 2017, 08:56:30 AM
Oh, I see.

Why would his independence be an issue at this point?

He seems like a fairly independent, progressive guy. I'm pretty sure he won't vote lockstep with anyone.

He is a supporter of Lovero so he was re-assuring voters that he wouldn't vote in lockstep with the mayor on all issues.