News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

D100 tax referendum

Started by Ted, January 27, 2017, 08:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berwyn senator

How can anyone who does not live in Berwyn ,vote in Berwyn have a clue as whats going on in our town.A racist I would say you are,I need not defend myself or any older residents in Berwyn against being racists only a fool would think we are. If I were to move I would go to Oak Park!!!!!!!  Where do you live?I stated in the past I and many others have  always voted for the schools. When you assume you make and ass out of yourself, folks like us stayed in Berwyn ran businesses in town schooled our children in town and are still are here.Yes Ted you are correct those that oppose rate increases do so because of economics!Berwyn has not had a race problem for many years.Where I live we have excellent neighbors and we all get along and have so for many years. So please spread your bullshit about racism in your town not Berwyn!!!!!

Bonster

Quote from: Ted on February 28, 2017, 09:58:52 AM
Quote from: markberwyn on February 28, 2017, 07:57:33 AM
I'm taking the long view here, Ted. Are you really going to deny that race is a motivating factor in Berwyn politics?

Berwyn is a different place today than it was even 10 years ago.  Not everyone who opposes the tax rate increase does so because of race - I think it is mostly due to economics.

I honestly don't think Berwyn has the "race" problem that you seem to perceive it has.

I agree.  Berwyn is 60-70% Latinx, and a growing portion of the rest is younger and more progressive. 
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

markberwyn

Quote from: berwyn senator on February 28, 2017, 01:52:56 PM
How can anyone who does not live in Berwyn ,vote in Berwyn have a clue as whats going on in our town.A racist I would say you are,I need not defend myself or any older residents in Berwyn against being racists only a fool would think we are. If I were to move I would go to Oak Park!!!!!!!  Where do you live?I stated in the past I and many others have  always voted for the schools. When you assume you make and ass out of yourself, folks like us stayed in Berwyn ran businesses in town schooled our children in town and are still are here.Yes Ted you are correct those that oppose rate increases do so because of economics!Berwyn has not had a race problem for many years.Where I live we have excellent neighbors and we all get along and have so for many years. So please spread your bullshit about racism in your town not Berwyn!!!!!

You follow welfare recipients out to their cars to criticize the niceness of the cars they drive.

When a march defending immigrants was announced, you said you hoped it got rained on.

You've said that the city has gotten worse and suffers from an epidemic of drive-by gang shootings. You complain about "Section 8."

You've complained that your efforts to obtain an education were somehow stifled by quotas, which you called "quotes."
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

markberwyn

Will these younger and more progressive people that Berwyn is now full of be voting on school measures? Because people like berwyn senator definitely will.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

berwyn senator

Wake up and smell the coffee my friend, people on the news are seen mooching money then leaving getting into new cars.They have been proven to collect money from the government.I don't follow these people you said I do!  Educational quotas are still in place.Don't you read or listen to tv shootings are at an all time high!They are happening all around. Very obvious you have never owned real estate and had section 8 apartments ruined or buildings wrecked.Because you do not live in Berwyn there is no way your opinions or statements hold any water. Wake up your way too young to have any clue as what is taking place in any town,or form any opinon on an individual.My family has as I have remained in Berwyn and have been involved in the school system for years, have you?

markberwyn

Quote from: berwyn senator on February 28, 2017, 06:48:53 PM
Wake up and smell the coffee my friend, people on the news are seen mooching money then leaving getting into new cars.They have been proven to collect money from the government.I don't follow these people you said I do!  Educational quotas are still in place.Don't you read or listen to tv shootings are at an all time high!They are happening all around. Very obvious you have never owned real estate and had section 8 apartments ruined or buildings wrecked.Because you do not live in Berwyn there is no way your opinions or statements hold any water. Wake up your way too young to have any clue as what is taking place in any town,or form any opinon on an individual.My family has as I have remained in Berwyn and have been involved in the school system for years, have you?

Please provide a link to one legitimate news story backing up any of the points you've just made here. Just one link. I have zero faith that you are capable of doing this, despite the top-flight education that you are in possession of, but prove me wrong.

markberwyn

What do other people on this board think of berwyn senator's points? Do you see people "mooching money" and getting into new cars? Are you seeing lots of "section 8 apartments ruined"? Where are the shootings happening in Berwyn? "All around"?

markberwyn

(Please remember to provide your age in your response. Berwyn senator judges your comments not on the sense of the argument but on how old the person commenting is.)

Bonster

Quote from: markberwyn on February 28, 2017, 03:18:31 PM
Will these younger and more progressive people that Berwyn is now full of be voting on school measures? Because people like berwyn senator definitely will.

No one said Berwyn is full of them.

markberwyn

Quote from: Bonster on February 28, 2017, 09:00:25 PM

Neither did I.

Bonster

Quote from: markberwyn on February 28, 2017, 09:04:43 PM

Neither did I.

I'm not sure what you meant by "these younger and more progressive people that Berwyn is now full of," then.

Bonster

Quote from: markberwyn on February 28, 2017, 06:59:04 PM
What do other people on this board think of berwyn senator's points?

Honestly, I haven't taken the time to decipher them. :)

markberwyn

Quote from: Bonster on February 28, 2017, 09:08:59 PM

Neither did I.

I'm not sure what you meant by "these younger and more progressive people that Berwyn is now full of," then.

Sarcasm. Maybe there are younger and more progressive people, but it's the berwyn senator types who go out to vote and stand in the way of efforts to increase school funding.

markberwyn

Quote from: Bonster on February 28, 2017, 09:11:17 PM
Quote from: markberwyn on February 28, 2017, 06:59:04 PM
What do other people on this board think of berwyn senator's points?

Honestly, I haven't taken the time to decipher them. :)

Doesn't take long, and it's worth the while. You'll learn a lot about a substantial portion of Berwyn residents.

Bonster

Quote from: markberwyn on February 28, 2017, 09:11:39 PM
Quote from: Bonster on February 28, 2017, 09:08:59 PM

Neither did I.

Sarcasm. Maybe there are younger and more progressive people, but it's the berwyn senator types who go out to vote and stand in the way of efforts to increase school funding.

Gah!  I remember an old White Sox forum where they demanded green fonts to denote sarcasm. :)

berwyn senator

I do agree economics are an issue, just look at the gas guzzling vehicles most people driver interesting where their priorities are  never paid attention before! Could education be last?

markberwyn

Quote from: berwyn senator on March 02, 2017, 02:39:14 PM
I do agree economics are an issue, just look at the gas guzzling vehicles most people driver interesting where their priorities are  never paid attention before! Could education be last?

This doesn't male a lick of sense to me. People care about their cars more than their children in Berwyn?

berwyn senator

Why would a person drive a gas hog when there are many choices? Priorities my friend! Oh! buy the way any recent drive buy shootings? Just a thought to give you something to do.

markberwyn

Quote from: berwyn senator on March 02, 2017, 08:19:12 PM
Why would a person drive a gas hog when there are many choices? Priorities my friend! Oh! buy the way any recent drive buy shootings? Just a thought to give you something to do.

I'd love to read a copy of the letter you sent to President Obama thanking him for setting stricter fuel-efficiency standards. Less money on gas guzzlers, more money for parents to spend supporting their children!

berwyn senator

Wake up my friend! look what is parked and on the streets, this definitely has an economic effect on peoples priorities.How much is more money when a vehicle is getting 12 MPH using premium gas. No comment on drive by shootings in Berwyn?