News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Midget wrestling at Stars and Stripes

Started by Ted, July 23, 2017, 06:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

berwyn senator

Are all aware wrestling is all fake, just good acting!!!!!

markberwyn

"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

berwyn senator

Why would they be illegal? Then what is your point?

markberwyn

Nobody's questioning EMW's legality. The point is a) that EMW is exploitative in the same ways that minstrel shows and freak shows are, as the main advocacy group for little people says, and b) the way Ronnie Lottz used his patrons to mock, insult, and troll a critic of EMW demonstrates his (continuing) poor judgment, and that as such he deserves no privileged treatment from the Berwyn City Council and Berwyn Development Corporation.

I've lost count of the number of times that Cigars & Stripes patrons have called a woman a "c---" because she expresses her disagreement with Lottz. Berwyn is a lesser place because he's running this kind of business in it. He can have all the fancy microbrews on tap that he wants and griddle his pork tips or whatever it is he does that gives people little foodie-boners, but ultimately he's serving up garbage.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

berwyn senator

Have you ever been in other bars in Berwyn? The language is not much different, places I would never frequent. I wonder why these places are allowed? Taxes! Hooters in La Grange exploitation of women!!

markberwyn

As I said, if there are activities at particular Berwyn bars that trouble you, you should set up a thread to discuss them. I'm not interested in indulging your whataboutist posturing here.

berwyn senator

Very obvious you have never been out in any of the other bars if you were Cigars and Stripes would be a minute issue. Please do not expect others to do the dirty work, common sense and street smarts are needed.

markberwyn

berwyn senator

This must be a personal issue with Cigars and Stripes?

Ted

Here is a story about this.  One line in the story stated by a little person at the city council meeting was this:

"Once you've crossed the line, It's not about yourself it's impacting the entire community choice to market yourself as a midget, freak show or carnival side show. And if you affect the community, you have to answer to the community."

http://chronicleillinois.com/news/cook-county-news/wrestling-event-berwyn-draws-ire-little-people-group/

Also, someone posted on Facebook that CNN had done a story on this.

Ted

One more comment - My posts on Facebook were deleted by Facebook (not by the admins) because I used the N word.  I made the statement:

"Would people be as accepting if Cigars and Stripes had a 'Dunk the Nigger' contest?  Should the Berwyn city council approve a permit for a 'Dunk the Nigger' contest?"

Facebook would not let me even log in until I accepted their deletion of my comments.  I had no choice if I wanted to be able to log in. 

It surprised me that no one at Facebook even bothered to look at the context of my comments - I was not calling anyone the N word or calling a group of people the N word.  I was being provocative and using it in the context of the word "midget".

Apparently, someone was offended and reported me to Facebook and Facebook decided that I should not be able to log into Facebook until I accepted the deletion of my comments by Facebook.

markberwyn

Quote from: Ted on August 02, 2017, 07:07:52 AM
Here is a story about this.  One line in the story stated by a little person at the city council meeting was this:

"Once you've crossed the line, It's not about yourself it's impacting the entire community choice to market yourself as a midget, freak show or carnival side show. And if you affect the community, you have to answer to the community."

http://chronicleillinois.com/news/cook-county-news/wrestling-event-berwyn-draws-ire-little-people-group/

Also, someone posted on Facebook that CNN had done a story on this.

Lottz is again being a cheap bully in saying this about the LPA president: "He's looking for attention, for government money for his programs." Anybody who criticizes Lottz, in his mind, must be a Bad Actor and have insincere motives. He tries to protect his business at the expense of other people's integrity, which is garbage behavior.

He is a bad person for Berwyn and its civic institutions to support. Patronizing his business contributes to making Berwyn a lesser place.

markberwyn

Quote from: Ted on August 02, 2017, 07:23:00 AM
One more comment - My posts on Facebook were deleted by Facebook (not by the admins) because I used the N word.  I made the statement:

"Would people be as accepting if Cigars and Stripes had a 'Dunk the Nigger' contest?  Should the Berwyn city council approve a permit for a 'Dunk the Nigger' contest?"

Facebook would not let me even log in until I accepted their deletion of my comments.  I had no choice if I wanted to be able to log in. 

It surprised me that no one at Facebook even bothered to look at the context of my comments - I was not calling anyone the N word or calling a group of people the N word.  I was being provocative and using it in the context of the word "midget".

Apparently, someone was offended and reported me to Facebook and Facebook decided that I should not be able to log into Facebook until I accepted the deletion of my comments by Facebook.

I doubt the process was that thorough. If somebody reports a page for containing the n-word, it's likely to be automatically deleted, which is just playing to the averages. If you spend any amount of time in the catch basin of social media, it's clear that the overwhelming majority of people using the word aren't having a sophisticated conversation about race. The doofy freeze-peach crowd will complain that their rights are being trampled upon, but they're more than welcome to say the n-word to their heart's content; they just don't get to do it on Facebook.

berwyn senator

How many remember Riverview?did'nt they have dunk tanks with both white and blacks?

Ted

Quote from: berwyn senator on August 02, 2017, 04:17:19 PM
How many remember Riverview?did'nt they have dunk tanks with both white and blacks?

Yes, they did.  That's where I got the idea for the post.