News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Berwyn Alleys

Started by berwyn senator, August 04, 2017, 10:45:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

berwyn senator

Wake up Berwyn!our alleys are a mess, just go to Cicero Bl'vd Manor and observe how neat and clean the alleys are.What are they doing better then Berwyn.

markberwyn

Obviously, Cicero has a better sanitation outfit. I bet if you organized a circle of local people to investigate you might be able to interest a media syndicate in the story.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

Ted

Quote from: berwyn senator on August 04, 2017, 10:45:42 AM
Wake up Berwyn!our alleys are a mess, just go to Cicero Bl'vd Manor and observe how neat and clean the alleys are.What are they doing better then Berwyn.

I disagree.  My alley is just fine and dandy.  What specific alley are you referring to?

Also, Berwyn is fixing up alleys in parts of Berwyn.  There have been pictures on Facebook of the progress.

Finally, what do the alleys in Cicero look like outside of the Manor area of Cicero?  The Manor area of Cicero has always gotten the lion's share of support because that's where most of the politicians in Cicero live.  What do the alleys in Cicero look like in the area around  Cicero Avenue and Roosevelt Road?

markberwyn

Quote from: Ted on August 05, 2017, 06:12:53 AM
Quote from: berwyn senator on August 04, 2017, 10:45:42 AM

I disagree.  My alley is just fine and dandy.  What specific alley are you referring to?

If he gives you a location, it will be the first time on BTF that he answers a question with a clear, factual answer.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

berwyn senator

The answer was given must I repeat myself? The alleys in north Berwyn the garage sand fences are a mess. Even some alleys in south berwyn are a mess.Some alleys were paved a few years back ashfault,cracking poor water drainage.Berwyn politicians! where do they live? Alderman are not blind do they care? Garages are falling down, need painting, those that do not recognize the blight are not aware of what Berwyn used to be. OH! just look at the garages that were tagged sad! Which alleys just look when your around Berwyn. The people throw garbage next to their cans or in a neighbors cans. Wy before pick up day.Just walk through the better parts of Berwyn take a good look. Markberwyn your a fool!!!!! There was a day when all city workers lived in Berwyn and cared about the city,Berwyn is now just a pay check!

markberwyn

berwyn senator

There would be way to long of a list to type in all the bad alleys, just  walk or drive down the east and west streets.Start with south Berwyn south of Odgen!!! I am aware there are  a few good ones,not many.

markberwyn

One bad alley, senator. Just name one.

Ted

Berwyn Senator,

Go check out the recently re-paved alley between Oak Park and Euclid and between 13th street and 14th street.  It looks fantastic.

Here is a picture from Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10212548890257813&set=gm.1205990339527160

I also saw repaving being done on an alley that goes into Pershing road.  FYI, one of the comments on Facebook stated that the city is repaving alleys as money permits and if/when they are able to get grants.

Ted

Here's another Senator - Check out the newly repaved alley between Oak Park Avenue and Grove from 38th street to 39th street.

markberwyn

I'm coming to the conclusion that Berwyn Senator doesn't actually live in Berwyn. Which is fine, except he keeps making negative pronouncements about the state of the city, and I think that's bad for Berwyn.

He says the alleys are terrible. Which ones? He won't say. He says there are Berwyn bars where all sorts of horriblenesses occur. Which bars? He cannot name them. Ask him where the most dangerous, crime-y intersection in town is, and he'll say it's....Harlem and Cermak. He says he visits Cermak Rd. and thinks it looks like "shit," which is a demonstrably absurd statement.

And he misspells "Cermak."

I hope that Berwyn Senator, wherever he is, can bring himself to write more thoughtfully about Berwyn, and back up the negative statements he continues to make that run down the town. But there is no evidence thus far that he's actually capable of doing that.

Ted

Quote from: berwyn senator on August 08, 2017, 03:25:35 PM
There would be way to long of a list to type in all the bad alleys, just  walk or drive down the east and west streets.Start with south Berwyn south of Odgen!!! I am aware there are  a few good ones,not many.

By my count there are over 600 alleys in Berwyn.  What would you have the city do?  Would you be willing to pay extra property taxes to repave all 600 or so alleys?  Even then, how many years do you think it would take to re-pave 600 alleys?

FYI, I have travelled around Berwyn and I don't see the alley problem that you seem to see, including the alleys south of Ogden.

markberwyn

He's. Making. It. All. Up.

berwyn senator

Our alleys were good, nothing wrong and they were repaved anyway with a cheap job!  I am aware its hard to admit or just don't know any better but blight in on the upswing 600 alleys? interesting! money is pissed away on bullshit. Berwyn does have blight inspectors? How does Cicero do it? I can remember the clean and neat Berwyn,people were proud of their property, very obvious most do not know the difference. Statements made are just to be contrary to the fact that the truth is the truth. The your eyes with you when in Berwyn!

markberwyn

It's all just stuff he says to make himself feel good. Berwyn Senator = B.S.

berwyn senator

I am sorry you may not like getting your balls busted but the truth is the truth!!!!!!

markberwyn

Berwyn deserves better than senseless, easily angered fantasists like yourself.

berwyn senator

So be it! Years back there were many Czech people and Berwyn flourished! Not that Berwyn does not have its good points and is getting better. But one must caution! lack of cleanliness and blight is a sign of,Who the fuck cares! Homes that are cared for indicates how the owners care for themselves! Take your eyes with you and look around is anything being done to correct blight? I am well aware of foreclosures and the people who just leave their property become neglected before leaving, what is the excuse for garbage all over the alleys weeds not trimmed.Paint is cheap!!!! There was a time if your grass was too long you were cited, paint peeling,or just being messy.This effects home prices! So screw old Berwyn it is ok to be a pig!!!!!! Is this what you call better?

markberwyn

More B.S. word salad. A frazzled assortment of whiny complaints with no root in fact and evidence.

markberwyn

And we all know what B.S. means when he makes a distinction between Czechs who lived in Berwyn in the past and the people who live in Berwyn today. B.S. is telling you something about the particular way he looks at Berwyn.