Main Menu

Berwyn Alleys

Started by berwyn senator, August 04, 2017, 10:45:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markberwyn

Quote from: berwyn senator on August 17, 2017, 01:49:35 PM
What does this have to do with alleys?

From this thread:

"Years back there were many Czech people and Berwyn flourished! [Now] lack of cleanliness and blight is a sign of,Who the fuck cares!"
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: markberwyn on August 17, 2017, 03:29:33 PM
Here are some quotes from "white Berwyn":

"Ever go to store and see people pay for food with a link card and leave,an get in a nice new car?"

"To be realistic with section 8 came more crime,dope,and different types of gangs."

"Time to call Dirty Harry,or dig up Charles Bronson.Punks will only do what we allow them to do! Look for Santa with a Hoodie!Baggie pants! Trippen down the street!"

"The sad thing is the people that run the [Houby Day parade] don't care to spend any money on  good Czech entertainment."

"I wonder have all these illegals come up to our living standards,improving themselves or has this country lowered its standards to appease the illegals."

"I think people made a statement when they voted for Trump!"

"I hope all can understand why Trump won!"
And he is right not that I agree with him.  You have only yourself to blame when you underestimated the Berwyn Senators of this world.

markberwyn

You say he's right but...you think he's wrong? Do you need some help untangling yourself from the pretzel you've turned yourself into?

"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

markberwyn

One thing we all admire about old-timers is how no-nonsense they are. They have the courage of their convictions, and they express them full-throatedly! Let us all aspire to be more like Mrs. Northsider, BTF's advocate for old-timers! When people present assertions without evidence, she is there to support-distance herself from them! When people express bigoted views, she stands proud and ready to support-denounce them!

Will you, too, plant your feet firmly and agree-disagree in the face of ignorance and bigotry? Then you are ready to be a Berwyn old-timer.

markberwyn

(Berwyn Old Timers' March for Justice)

"What do we want?"

"AMBIVALENCE!"

"When do we want it?"

"WE'RE NOT CERTAIN!"

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: markberwyn on August 19, 2017, 08:45:28 AM
One thing we all admire about old-timers is how no-nonsense they are. They have the courage of their convictions, and they express them full-throatedly! Let us all aspire to be more like Mrs. Northsider, BTF's advocate for old-timers! When people present assertions without evidence, she is there to support-distance herself from them! When people express bigoted views, she stands proud and ready to support-denounce them!

Will you, too, plant your feet firmly and agree-disagree in the face of ignorance and bigotry? Then you are ready to be a Berwyn old-timer.
I'm just saying maybe we need to be nicer to the old-timers who have stayed here throughout the years.  Yes, it's not their Berwyn anymore but they could have got up and left like so many other people.  The people who bought thinking Berwyn was the next best thing to Oak Park without the high taxes and then decided the schools weren't good enough for their little offspring and then got out of here as fast as they could when their kids got to school age.  Or the ones who stayed in Berwyn until their kids got to high school age and then couldn't wait to sell.  Or the ones who just thought Berwyn would become another Oak Park with time - that's the one that really makes me laugh and then sold when they realized this was Berwyn and would always be Berwyn.  I think one of the things that kept this town from going to hell in a handbag was the fact that so many old-timers stayed until they either died or went into the nursing home.  I guess now it's time to run them off too because they are too old and set in their ways.

markberwyn

Quote from: MRS. NORTHSIDER on August 20, 2017, 07:12:55 PM

I'm just saying maybe we need to be nicer to the old-timers who have stayed here throughout the years.  Yes, it's not their Berwyn anymore but they could have got up and left like so many other people.  The people who bought thinking Berwyn was the next best thing to Oak Park without the high taxes and then decided the schools weren't good enough for their little offspring and then got out of here as fast as they could when their kids got to school age.  Or the ones who stayed in Berwyn until their kids got to high school age and then couldn't wait to sell.  Or the ones who just thought Berwyn would become another Oak Park with time - that's the one that really makes me laugh and then sold when they realized this was Berwyn and would always be Berwyn.  I think one of the things that kept this town from going to hell in a handbag was the fact that so many old-timers stayed until they either died or went into the nursing home.  I guess now it's time to run them off too because they are too old and set in their ways.

Get over yourself. There's no virtue in being "nicer" to ignorant bigots. And I don't think anybody should be in any rush to admire "old timers" who decided to collectively cosplay as an oppressed class whenever they were asked to help support the schools. There's no question that Berwyn schools declined thanks in large part to the profound selfishness of these "old-timers."

markberwyn

Also, please stop treating B.S. like some weak, reedy flower who cannot bear the least criticism. As he has told us many, many times, he is a highly educated man, in possession of a master's degree, who knows the facts about Berwyn better than anyone. If I'm asking him questions, it's because I think we can all benefit from the wisdom that B.S. can deliver.

berwyn senator

markberwyn

Quote from: berwyn senator on August 20, 2017, 07:41:24 PM
Prove what you say.

No changing the subject! If you want to have a discussion asking me to prove things, you are welcome to start a thread about that! This thread is about all the terrible, terrible alleys in Berwyn. You have yet to name a single one, even though you started the thread.

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: markberwyn on August 20, 2017, 07:33:41 PM
Quote from: MRS. NORTHSIDER on August 20, 2017, 07:12:55 PM

Get over yourself. There's no virtue in being "nicer" to ignorant bigots. And I don't think anybody should be in any rush to admire "old timers" who decided to collectively cosplay as an oppressed class whenever they were asked to help support the schools. There's no question that Berwyn schools declined thanks in large part to the profound selfishness of these "old-timers."
That's a bunch of BS when it comes to the grade schools.  They only recently asked for more money within the past few years and the last referendum was passed.  As for the high school, even the most progressive of Berwynites has an issue with District 201 and the way they do their business.

markberwyn

Quote from: MRS. NORTHSIDER on August 20, 2017, 08:07:51 PMAs for the high school, even the most progressive of Berwynites has an issue with District 201 and the way they do their business.

It must be a bottomless source of frustration for the old-timers that this mismanaged D201 has been constantly in the control of...non-old-timers?

markberwyn

(Berwyn Old Timers' March for Education)

"Hey hey ho ho, we support the status quo!"

berwyn senator

Why do you keep changing the subject? Telling others to start another subject. Answer the questions about white Berwyn,where do old timers come into play?

markberwyn

Already answered it. Read the thread again.

markberwyn

Reminder: B.S. can make a fool of me in an instant if he gives the location of just one blighted alley in Berwyn.

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: markberwyn on August 20, 2017, 08:22:38 PM
Quote from: MRS. NORTHSIDER on August 20, 2017, 08:07:51 PMAs for the high school, even the most progressive of Berwynites has an issue with District 201 and the way they do their business.

It must be a bottomless source of frustration for the old-timers that this mismanaged D201 has been constantly in the control of...non-old-timers?
District 201 is in control of people I am sure you don't want spending YOUR dollars.  Under the thumb and nail of total assholes whom I'm sure get together on occasion to make fun of most of people who (1) complain about them,  (2) Actually have some evidence they have done wrong and (3) Will wait for the government to come after them.  I think that is not to far off that (3) will wait for the government to come after them to prevail.  Yikes, I can't wait for all of these people to be prosecuted.  It will be a total shit show that I will absolutely be in the stands to cheer for.

markberwyn

What have the old-timers done over the years to contend against this horribleness?

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: markberwyn on August 23, 2017, 12:12:40 AM
What have the old-timers done over the years to contend against this horribleness?
They have shown up and been there.  Whow, what  a word game we have created.  I am always ready to play.  Actually my husband has to look to me for finality in these word games. 

markberwyn

Quote from: MRS. NORTHSIDER on August 23, 2017, 12:56:23 AM
Quote from: markberwyn on August 23, 2017, 12:12:40 AM
They have shown up and been there. 

Why did they bother? You said old-timers think it's funny that people try to change things because "Berwyn will always be Berwyn."