News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

Berwyn Alleys

Started by berwyn senator, August 04, 2017, 10:45:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

berwyn senator

I believe you do not live in Berwyn! or you don't have your eyes with you! What is interesting your time spent on BTF,you do make things interesting.I am aware it is hard for some to realize the truth, you never lived in the old Berwyn!

markberwyn

B.S. misses white Berwyn. White Berwyn was "cleaner."
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

berwyn senator

I knew you would take the bait! Explain what you mean by white Berwyn? You have given away the fact you have not been in Berwyn very long,or I suspect you don't or haven't lived in Berwyn. Which is it? you believe what you hear and read.

markberwyn

Quote from: berwyn senator on August 13, 2017, 10:47:28 AM
Explain what you mean by white Berwyn?

By "white Berwyn" I mean white Berwyn.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

markberwyn

Look at how B.S. dissembles whenever he's challenged. "How could I possibly be asked to name one blighted alley?" "What is this 'white Berwyn' you speak of?" Such nonsense.

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: markberwyn on August 13, 2017, 03:45:15 PM
Look at how B.S. dissembles whenever he's challenged. "How could I possibly be asked to name one blighted alley?" "What is this 'white Berwyn' you speak of?" Such nonsense.
You have no shame and are completely shameless.  Whatever alley he spoke of did indeed exist at one time and no longer does exist.  We will all be dead and gone at one point and it does not give anyone the right to give some worthless shit to claim his worthiness.

markberwyn

He is a liar. He makes things up to feel better about himself.

berwyn senator

The repaved alleys do exist in the north east part of Berwyn.The ash fault has been cracked, garage aprons broken up. When I go there I get sick because the original alleys were cement and fine.Go west of where the new alleys are being put in  South Berwyn these were replaced several years ago for no reason they were cement worked fine.A company from Texas did the work?why! Remember when the young fellowl was killed on Odgen Ave. These people care about Berwyn wondering why such bad materials and workmen ship was excepted.Better off no to have been done at all.By the way Berwyn was never all White town! I dare you to prove me wrong.Maybe you're thinking of Cicero.Remember I have been here all my life along with many family and friends.

markberwyn

More nonsense from B.S. Can't name a single alley. Not one. Can't decide whether his issue is with the "ash fault" (what is "ash fault"?) used in the alleys or the residents he claims treat the alleys poorly. Who is the problem? The answer is always the same: Not Berwyn Senator!

I never said Berwyn was all white. What I said was that B.S. misses white Berwyn.

Ted

Quote from: berwyn senator on August 15, 2017, 12:39:14 PM
The repaved alleys do exist in the north east part of Berwyn.The ash fault has been cracked, garage aprons broken up. When I go there I get sick because the original alleys were cement and fine.Go west of where the new alleys are being put in  South Berwyn these were replaced several years ago for no reason they were cement worked fine.A company from Texas did the work?why! Remember when the young fellowl was killed on Odgen Ave. These people care about Berwyn wondering why such bad materials and workmen ship was excepted.Better off no to have been done at all.By the way Berwyn was never all White town! I dare you to prove me wrong.Maybe you're thinking of Cicero.Remember I have been here all my life along with many family and friends.

The new alleys that I saw re-paved in the last few months (the one between Oak Park and Euclid in the 1300 block and the one between Grove and Oak Park in the 3800 block) were paved with cement with bricks in the middle. They were also paved with a downward slope to the middle of the alley.

I did wonder why they put bricks in the middle of the alley rather than the usual mini-gutter to drain the rain.  It looks more up-scale with the bricks in the middle but I do wonder about the drainage.

Bonster

Quote from: Ted on August 15, 2017, 02:34:27 PM
  I did wonder why they put bricks in the middle of the alley rather than the usual mini-gutter to drain the rain.  It looks more up-scale with the bricks in the middle but I do wonder about the drainage.

The bricked part is porous and meant to let water be absorbed by the earth, hence the green alley connotation. 
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Bonster

It is interesting, though, how some alleys - I think newer ones - slope toward the middle, and have that channel to move it toward the street, yet others like mine peak in the middle, pushing the water toward the garage aprons.

Bonster

Senator, I think some of the worst alleys I've seen in Berwyn are south, just east of Proksa Park.  I'd be afraid to use a snow blower in some of them for fear of ruining it.

My alley is generally pretty good.  It's got one rough patch, but overall it's not bad.

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: Bonster on August 16, 2017, 09:44:39 AM
Senator, I think some of the worst alleys I've seen in Berwyn are south, just east of Proksa Park.  I'd be afraid to use a snow blower in some of them for fear of ruining it.

My alley is generally pretty good.  It's got one rough patch, but overall it's not bad.
Mine is what you would expect when you are sharing it with the Archdiocese of Chicago.  There are several sewers that need to be addressed, actually falling apart when you look down them and the city has been informed.  No answer as yet.

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: MRS. NORTHSIDER on August 16, 2017, 09:35:39 PM
Quote from: Bonster on August 16, 2017, 09:44:39 AM

Mine is what you would expect when you are sharing it with the Archdiocese of Chicago.  There are several sewers that need to be addressed, actually falling apart when you look down them and the city has been informed.  No answer as yet.
And where is Mark Berwyn to humiliate another old timer.  Getting the goggles ready for the eclipse?

markberwyn

If B.S. is "humiliated," there's no evidence of it. My point is that he's spent a week on this thread---and in other threads before then---grousing about bad alleys and has yet to provide an example of one.

I love old-timers! I plan to become one myself someday.

berwyn senator

Why doesn't Markberwyn answer questions just goes off on a tangent of his own? Maybe he can't because not a long time resident!! Many others understand about the alleys, garages,and cracked aprons, the paving that was done was very poor materials.These are things Jr. doesn't understand they effect everyones property values!

markberwyn

What are your questions for me?

berwyn senator

White Berwyn? when? I lived in Berwyn all my life, went school and played with many kids who where not white. Explain what you mean? What does this have to do with alleys?

markberwyn

Here are some quotes from "white Berwyn":

"Ever go to store and see people pay for food with a link card and leave,an get in a nice new car?"

"To be realistic with section 8 came more crime,dope,and different types of gangs."

"Time to call Dirty Harry,or dig up Charles Bronson.Punks will only do what we allow them to do! Look for Santa with a Hoodie!Baggie pants! Trippen down the street!"

"The sad thing is the people that run the [Houby Day parade] don't care to spend any money on  good Czech entertainment."

"I wonder have all these illegals come up to our living standards,improving themselves or has this country lowered its standards to appease the illegals."

"I think people made a statement when they voted for Trump!"

"I hope all can understand why Trump won!"