News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

Oak Park

Started by berwyn senator, July 06, 2015, 03:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markberwyn

Quote from: berwyn senator on July 17, 2015, 10:20:56 AM
Opinions are like assholes,everyone has one!

Except we're not talking about opinions. We're talking about facts. Where did you acquire your "facts" about gang members and dual-income households? You were a product of high-quality Berwyn schools, so I'm assuming you know how to distinguish fact from opinion, and identify credible sources.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

berwyn senator

Let me say this,years working in different parts of Chicago,many different suburbs,dealing with many people from all walks of life,has bought me to understand the different family units.Children from these families no matter what the income, can and do belong to gangs. I still suggest contacting your local police dept. they have a wealth of information.While in Bridge Port at a mold makers shop,I noticed steel windows, the owners were in the process of telling me about the steel windows,when two gang members started shooting at each other.They were dressed in long black coats hiding their weapons,when shots hit the windows I moved to the back of the shop.Cops were called but didn't respond promptly,didn't stop and left. I forget the name of the gang but still remember their dress.The questions you ask would be very lengthy to write about.

markberwyn

Quote from: berwyn senator on July 17, 2015, 01:23:37 PMThe questions you ask would be very lengthy to write about.

I've only had one question, and it doesn't require much effort to answer: What information did you, as a well-educated person, consult to arrive at the conclusion that dual-income households are a target for gang recruitment? You might give the title of the particular book, article, or research report you read. You might offer the name of the gang expert you spoke with, or heard speak. (I think we can agree as educated people---though you are better educated than I am---that looking around or talking with your buddies would not be a good substitute for expertise.) You could explain it in one sentence. It's not hard. As a well-educated person, you've delivered much more complex information at much greater length, I'm sure.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes