News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

Ginko Trees

Started by berwyn senator, October 05, 2017, 11:00:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

berwyn senator

House at 1412 S. Highland has had a Ginko tree in front.For years we have tried to have it cut down.The mess is terrible, stinking, and impossible to walk around.The green balls are so thick the lawn is ruined, what do we do?

markberwyn

Perhaps the residents there have found an effective way to keep people away from their property. Also, it's "ginkgo."
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

Ted

Quote from: berwyn senator on October 05, 2017, 11:00:21 AM
House at 1412 S. Highland has had a Ginko tree in front.For years we have tried to have it cut down.The mess is terrible, stinking, and impossible to walk around.The green balls are so thick the lawn is ruined, what do we do?

Is it on city property (i.e. the parkway) or private property?  If city property, call the city and ask that it be cut down... that may require going through city council.  I remember about 10 years ago, a resident of the 3rd ward wanted a ginkgo tree cut down and it had to go through city council.

If it is private property, they could get it cut down themselves, although permits from the city may be required to make sure cutting it down does not affect wires, etc

berwyn senator

The tree is on city property, all three of us have called numerous times no response.Going to go to the alderman and city council. Ok! I am a polack Ginko!

berwyn senator

Must tell everyone,a tag was on my mothers door stating that the tree will be removed!and is on a list a for removal.

markberwyn

Quote from: berwyn senator on October 15, 2017, 02:01:09 PM
Must tell everyone,a tag was on my mothers door stating that the tree will be removed!and is on a list a for removal.

For the benefit of residents who may find themselves in a similar predicament, can you please say what happened that finally persuaded the city to take action?
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

berwyn senator

Numerous phone calls to maintenance department always leaving  a message never speaking to anyone. After many calls a tag was found on my mothers door. Never got to the city council, who ever came out saw the mess and stink.City must have many complaints, this is the first time we got a respons!

berwyn senator

Last rights for our Ginko tree!! finally gone.Thank you BERWYN.