News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Steam Engines of Past

Started by berwyn senator, November 05, 2017, 07:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berwyn senator

Years ago we would visit Windsor Hobby to watch steam engines bellowing black smoke chugging down the tracks.Barely could one see the road names on the box cars.Today the steam engines are gone several diesels now pull the long freight trains is this a savings of fuel? Road names on every car is tagged by gang bangers, not one goes by without this terrible mess.Does anyone care?

markberwyn

Why would a gang member tag a freight train? Gang tags mark territory, and freight cars don't stay in one place. Most likely what you saw was just garden-variety tagging. Nothing to be frightened of.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

berwyn senator

Ever get stopped by a freight on the Burlington tracks?Or any tracks where a freight train is passing.Hard to find a car that is not tagged.

markberwyn

I'm not saying freight cars aren't tagged. I'm just saying they're likely not tagged by gangbangers.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

markberwyn

By way of evidence, take a look at this video of freights passing through Berwyn earlier this year. Some of the cars are tagged, but most aren't. And though I'm no expert on this, most of the tags are just graffiti art. If you see a gang tag on one of the cars, could you please point it out to me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03nUDvsRpUk

berwyn senator

Why tag train cars? Freights coming into or out of the yards are mostly tagged. The cars can be also seen in the railroad yards along 26th.St. in Cicero . Amazing that these kids are able gain entrance to the yards and have the time to paint. Anytime cars are parked on a siding they get tagged.I am not familiar with gang signs,this just seems distructive.

markberwyn

Quote from: berwyn senator on November 08, 2017, 05:31:12 PM
Why tag train cars? Freights coming into or out of the yards are mostly tagged. The cars can be also seen in the railroad yards along 26th.St. in Cicero . Amazing that these kids are able gain entrance to the yards and have the time to paint.

Dude, you've posted multiple times here about how you spent your teen years in Berwyn getting tanked and chasing tail. Maybe think twice before you deliver your lectures about how kids ought to be spending their time.

berwyn senator

Hey Dude! why do you always have to be a smart ass? You never messed around as a teen? Lets cut the shit and stay with the topic.Tagged railroad cars, made your a gang banger running around with paint cans! Ok Dude.

markberwyn

OK, what makes you think that these train cars are getting tagged in Cicero? Freight trains go all over the country, and can be tagged all over the country.

berwyn senator

Most are tagged all over the country, the only one I notice with no tagging are coal trains that come into the Chicago yards.What happens when they arrive unload and leave any ones guess. They get tagged in the yards with the last security! Really sad to see! Are we the only ones using Berwyn Talk? Maybe others like exposing their lives to the world,I do go on face book I can tell who is in town or on vacation and where the went.

markberwyn

It comes and goes here. I think Facebook makes more sense for more immediate conversations, but this site has the benefit of maintaining an archive of past conversations that is much more easily searchable than any Facebook group---and Facebook can be fickle about what qualifies as a group and what rules the groups need to abide by.

markberwyn

I also find it interesting that two former posters here who notoriously had a very hard time being disagreed with have started their own Facebook groups. The one who said that you can't live a "normal life" in Berwyn because there are blacks and hispanics around now runs a group celebrating the older (read: whiter) history of Berwyn and Cicero. Another who regularly posted bigoted garbage sourced from garbage sites like Breitbart now runs a group that's ostensibly about Berwyn politics but is mostly bigoted garbage sourced from garbage sites like Breitbart.

I guess the lesson here is that if you don't like differing opinions you can always start a Facebook group celebrating your own.

berwyn senator

I must agree! When I grew in Berwyn there were no blacks.As a young child I really never paid attention nor did my parents. Being a music student again this never mattered, all that counted was how good were at playing your instrument. I played in many clubs never mattered with who or where, what counted I was playing. Music was the universal bond! As I grew older most of my liberal friends move to neighborhoods where there were no blacks,I just stayed in Berwyn.Would have moved to Oak Park but my roots were in Berwyn. Imagine during the 60's black musicians would come over to my house to rehearse! Never a problem with any of the neighbors we all got along. I must admit there were some radical jerks back then, most liked to listen during the summer months.Especially when we were working on pieces from different shows. The best part of the rehearsals was mom would make a good Czech meal. I don not care for Facebook!

markberwyn

Not sure what it is I said that you agree with, but OK.

berwyn senator

I agree with the bigoted crap the does go around about Berwyn.I myself bitch about issues but I guess its old age, never about the whiter history of Berwyn and of course Cicero. Growing up we were so occupied racial issues were never though of, working, school and music kept us busy,Ok! fooling around was part of our busy lives! Even then when we went drag racing never mattered what color the driver was of the opposing car. I am saying there were plenty of people years past where race didn't matter and to me still doesn't. I guess there still are many bigoted people, if your not pleased with Berwyn the move! many people are lined up to buy homes.I do get pissed when I see tagged railroad cars no reason for the mess.

markberwyn

"I wonder have all these illegals come up to our living standards,improving themselves or has this country lowered its standards to appease the illegals." -- Berwyn Senator

berwyn senator

I guess one would have to research the schools.

markberwyn

You weren't talking about children and education standards when you said this. It was a blanket statement you made about all immigrants in Berwyn, which is why I consider it a bigoted statement.

berwyn senator

Don't put words in my mouth if you'e so interested in school standards again research the schools you question.I have no idea.

markberwyn

They're your words, senator. Just like how your recently said that the people who went to a rally in support of Dreamers must all be on welfare. It's your bigotry---own it.