News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

Snow Removal in Berwyn

Started by berwyn senator, February 12, 2018, 09:36:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

berwyn senator

What do any of you think about the current snow removal? The way I see it we have more goof balls that don't know how to shovel snow.Big humps were left in the alleys so no one could pass to get in or out of their garages. Way to long to wait for the streets to be plowed, why?

berwyn senator

No one has the b----s to respond!

Ted

The city is now plowing the alleys.  I believe the city wanted to do the streets first and also wanted to wait until all the snow had come (12 inches followed by 5 inches).

Some streets are better than others.  I think it has to do with how many parked cars there are on the streets.

berwyn senator

Maybe Berwyn is backwardsll the following burbs are clean,Stickney,Forestview,Lyons,Brookfield,Riverside,N.Riverside,Broadview.Oak Park,and Cicero! Cars were just left in the Berwyn  streets not paying attention to the calls from city hall with snow removal directions.Cars are just left, some with snow covering the whole car. Maybe we should start towing and ticketing?Berwyn is a little lax in this area. Raise the overnight fees? And cost of tickets or is this election time? The alleys were a joke people were shoveling the snow from their garage aprons into the middle of the alley, making them impossible to drive threw. But I still love Berwyn!!!!!!

berwynres

They did a good job in my area on the street.  Can't speak about the alleys; I don't use them to access my garage.  Of course, I have to be aware when the plows come through, because they push all the snow up into my driveway and I have to get out there quickly to snow blow it out of the way before it freezes in place.

But, yes, I have also noticed that as years have passed, residents pay less attention to the city's plan for plowing and their obligation to move their cars from one side of the street or the other.  Or, perhaps they are not aware of it.