News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

North Berwyn

Started by berwyn senator, February 20, 2018, 07:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berwyn senator

I wonder if any kids that grew up on 14Th. & Highland Ave.1950's are on this sight?

berwyn senator

I'm down in the north end of Berwyn often, everything seems to be getting worse.Blight is taking over the alleys, cars are parked so no one can get to their home.What happened to the overnight city stickers?Ticketing was going on then nothing cars are back on the streets overnight. Oh! I forgot to mention oil changes in the front are lawns littered with empty cans and rags.Game is on again with the garbage,homes are converted to three flats only one garbage can.So use your neighbors garage apron and pile garbage on top of theirs the alleys are so bad,but the honest citizens get ticketed because of others garbage on their property!!!!  I have been going by the same homes for over 10 years same blight look like shit. I guess the inspectors take the path of leased resistance,hell too cold to work. There was a time when one inspector kept writing the same homes over and over again without notifying the owners, mostly very minor issues, major ones were left go!!!!!! The big thing now is weeds in the back of the home, hell mostly every home has types of flowers in the back they will die in the fall. How come most single family homes being flipped are turned into three flats? Wasn't this illegal?

markberwyn

What's the worst intersection in north Berwyn you've seen?
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

berwyn senator

One is Roosevelt and Highland,just go South through the alleys, streets are loaded with cars at night, no overnight stickers. Just pick an alley from Lombard to Ridgeland,then go north to 26th street.

berwynson

Quote from: berwyn senator on February 20, 2018, 07:20:12 PM
I wonder if any kids that grew up on 14Th. & Highland Ave.1950's are on this sight?
I'm here, I knew Bill Lukes, Dick Ourada, Russ ......., Johnny Maracek, a host of others all north of 16th street. George Krejci, on Harvey, I think?

My God, I haven't logged in for so long, I'm really sorry, Senator! Time ticks away for us old-timers. Do you remember Charlie Foune? Still in Chicago, has visited us numerous times here in AZ since 2010.

Please, update me........Steve

berwynson

Since the above contribution, two years ago, many changes have occurred, including:

Berwyn Senator is dead. George Krejci is dead. The others I am unaware of. Charlie, who was born 5 days after I was, is up and about in Chicago, but with various health issues.

And me: kidneys quit working 6 months ago, diagnosis "Undefined Medical Condition": I should have known! Dialysis 3 times weekly, living a newly-controlled existence. I don't like it.

berwynson

Mugster

Berwyn Senator passed away??  Oh man, I didn't know that. 

I miss hearing about what's happening from this board, but I can't bring myself to join the Facebook sewer just to see what people are posting there.

Sorry to hear about your health problems Berwynson. 

markberwyn

I am certain Berwyn Senator's death was a loss for his family and friends. But this site was a terrible place for him. He was oblivious to the bigotry and ignorance he kept spewing, and responded to those who rationally disagreed with him with insults. The best way to pay tribute to him on Berwyn Talk is to use him as an example of how not to conduct oneself here. 
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

Ted

I looked up George Krejci on Google.  It looks like he contributed a lot of photos and slide shows to Morton West.

berwynson

Quote from: Mugster on June 12, 2020, 12:24:09 AM
Berwyn Senator passed away??  Oh man, I didn't know that. 

I miss hearing about what's happening from this board, but I can't bring myself to join the Facebook sewer just to see what people are posting there.

Sorry to hear about your health problems Berwynson.

Hard to believe it's been 5 months or more since I posted this. Still alive, barely kickin'. How I would like to see that old bungalow one more time......just searched obit for our neighbor, Ray Kozak, lived on Harvey, died at 95, no date though.

Many of the good folks are gone. I am 78+, not one of the good ones......

OakParkSpartan

You still with us Berwynson?
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato