News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

You know You Live In Berwyn If...

Started by Beans, March 24, 2006, 11:02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beans

It's Friday, lighten up, fill in the blank.

Ted

... you're a new DINK couple that just bought a bungalow in Berwyn and find out that one of your neighbors is an 82-year old Czech woman who still shovels her own snow and your other neighbor is a young Hispanic couple with 3 kids under the age of 5.

Boris

...you run over to City hall on your lunch break to pay your water bill, to find the front doors locked and a sign reading:

"OUT TO LUNCH"
Only the impossible always happens.
- - R. Buckminster Fuller

scoon

... odd color choices of bathroom fixtures and questionable methods of electrical wiring and plumbing in your home are simply explained as "bohemian".

mrs. scoon

When people ask you where you live, you reply Berwyn and the go "Burrrwyn" (thank Svengoolie for that one).  I hear it everytime.
You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.  - Eleanor Roosevelt

BPM

I've experienced all of the above in my less than three years here. I like it here, except for the goofy politics.

franklin train

The sheeshkabob of cars at Cermak Plaza doesnt catch your eye anymore when driving by.    ;D

mustang54

You are sitting in your car watching the trains go by.

Bear

...when you step out of the house on a beautiful Saturday
morning to go for a walk, and as you walk by the park
you stumble upon a...

KKK rally
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

niuhuskie

Quote from: scoon on March 24, 2006, 12:02:09 PM

... odd color choices of bathroom fixtures and questionable methods of electrical wiring and plumbing in your home are simply explained as "bohemian".

you should see the wiring that had to be replaced in our house. how it did not spontaneously combust i do not know (i.e. kitchen lighting jerry rigged with extension cords). this dosent include the home made central air system and the wall in the den that mechanically opened up when a switch on the wall was turned on to reveal a model racecar setup (the counterweights were in the attic...wish i stil had some pics of that one before we tore it out)

Bear

...while taking your garbage out you spend the next
hour in your alley talking to an 89 year old neighbor...

Beans said to lighten it up....we have too many negatives here...
Plus, you get cool stuff like this, move your cursor over some
of my friends from Germany

http://www.nobodyhere.com/toren.hier

Turn the sound up for the kids, it makes them laugh
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

scoon

You're at OoT on a Friday nite.  (First person to mention this post gets a drink on me.)

P.S. - My first post was not meant to be negative but dedicated to the lovely Delores Smlarz who sold us our happy home.  <cheese>

~LL~

Bear:  The bear pyramid was very amusing.  But, I am curious (and a tad nervous) about the 'spider' in the upper right hand corner -- and the script nearby it.  Even more nervous about the spiral in the lower left corner.  What is going on when we place the cursor over these items?  A bunch of different German words -- all followed by 'dot com' began rapidly appearing in the lower part of the window.
I'm not too 'schmart' about these things.
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

markberwyn

...you're having a wonderful conversation with an Oak Parker and when they ask you where you live and you tell them they make a face and go, "Oh."
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

Bear

Beats me...I saw them but did not check them out....
probably just links...No speken da deutsch...

Dat almost has Chicago speak in it

mom

You still know what a Sokol is - and are even members.
"Life's most persistant and urgent question is: What are you doing for others?" Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Guy_on_Clinton

When someone asks you where Berwyn is located.... you explain that it borders Oak Park and Riverside.... suspiciously omitting that we border Cicero too :coreyhart:

You cringe when you hear your friends in Montclaire or Galewood bungalows complain about paying $2500 in taxes.

You wonder what kind of car fits in that little brick garage... and why is there a chimney in it???
SPINDLEVIEW RULES!!!!!!!!

mustang54

You know your in Berwyn when you meet obnoxious people who dream and pretend they are in Riverside   or Oak Park.

greeneyedgirl

You know you live in Berwyn when the schools celebrate Cinco de mayo!

Bear

Quote from: greeneyedgirl on March 25, 2006, 07:38:33 PM
You know you live in Berwyn when the schools celebrate Cinco de mayo!

Hmmm...sounds as if green eye has no tolerance of those with
brown eyes...Perhaps the ghetto known as Plainfield would suit
your needs better...

They only accept blue and green eyes there