News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

You know You Live In Berwyn If...

Started by Beans, March 24, 2006, 11:02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pkd50

Think of the employees at that plant.  Our sh--  is there bread and butter.

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: pkd50 on March 27, 2006, 10:07:33 PM

I'd think it was the other way around :-)
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Bear

Quote from: pkd50 on March 27, 2006, 10:07:33 PM

Very true Pkd...MSD is the largest political hiring pig of anyone...
They are so blatant they almost make the cook county sherriffs dept. look legit
in their hiring practices...political pig number 2...

Bread, butter and a whole lot more my dear...

They saw what district 201 gets away with and said...Hey why not?
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

mom

Your fridge is stocked with Strohs beer, bought at Miska's on Cermak ...
"Life's most persistant and urgent question is: What are you doing for others?" Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Paul Fuentes

You know you live in Berwyn if?...........

You have waited almost a decade for progress and have not seen one single sign of such and come to the sad realization that beating your head against concrete will never move the mountain closer to Mouhammed.

Ryder, Hertz, and U-Haul are now on speed dial.

Ana

Paul,

When you moved in 10 years ago, was Berwyn in a better place than it is now or vice versa?  Are you more afraid now of its deterioration or can you honestly say you see the light at the end of the tunnel?  Are you going to start dialing the minute BRDO gets City Hall back or are you not even going to wait that long?

Ana
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

Berwyn Patsy

My question would be, where are you going to run to?? What city/town or area is not run unlike Berwyn?  Please tell me, so I also can call a moving van.  It seems to me that you know if you live in Berwyn if you give up so easy and want to move in a year!  Dirty Politics are every where and have always been. Nothing new here or else where. Don't take the easy way out, and move because down the road you'll be moving again. I'll repeat myself once again, stay and fight for what is truly yours, this city and your schools!!

saluki

...your neighbor's friend honks their horn to pick them up instead of getting out of their car and ringing the doorbell.  I've never lived in any other community where this has been done and on a daily basis!

franklin train

"When I post threads like I did a short while ago about a shooting there is no replies. Make a fun post like "you know you are in Berwyn when....." and there is three pages of responses. I think that most people just don't want to face reality of what is going on here."

HvyChvy

Keep it up Saluki.... Hvy is going to get real mad!    ;D

franklin train

Quote from: franklin train on April 11, 2006, 03:00:37 PM
"When I post threads like I did a short while ago about a shooting there is no replies. Make a fun post like "you know you are in Berwyn when....." and there is three pages of responses. I think that most people just don't want to face reality of what is going on here."

HvyChvy

Keep it up Saluki.... Hvy is going to get real mad!    ;D

Ana

Quote from: saluki on April 11, 2006, 02:45:43 PM
...your neighbor's friend honks their horn to pick them up instead of getting out of their car and ringing the doorbell.  I've never lived in any other community where this has been done and on a daily basis!

I have to respond to this.  It happened one morning while I was still in bed and someone was honking and honking and honking.  I finally got out of bed, walked to to the car, knocked on the window and asked if they wanted me to go ring the doorbell for them!  Needless to say, they never did it again.

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

CozyNite

Quote from: saluki on April 11, 2006, 02:45:43 PM
...your neighbor's friend honks their horn to pick them up instead of getting out of their car and ringing the doorbell.  I've never lived in any other community where this has been done and on a daily basis!

Brookfield, Lyons, Wicker Park, Lincoln Park...  It's everywhere, I swear it is.

renovatorbear

You Know You Live In Berwyn If...

...you experience a euphoric wave of happiness while heading west on the Eisenhower, because you get to exit at Austin while all the other poor worms have another 40-60 minutes of traffic ahead of them.  :D

...the windows of your bungalow are vibrating due to the volume of the crap music that's playing on the piece of shit stereo in the car that's still at least 3 blocks away.  >:(

...your list of things to do to improve your bungalow is not only several pages long, but is broken down into $500, $1500 and $2500 or greater sections.  ;)

...the only conversation you're capable of carrying on with your friends, family and coworkers is about your latest bungalow renovation project.  ::)

...yours is the only car on your block displaying a city sticker.  :-\

Robert Pauly

........ you spend half of your life picking up cigarette butts off your parkway