News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

Two Sons Restaurant

Started by Boris, March 25, 2006, 06:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thor

Quote from: Bonster on August 10, 2011, 11:56:27 AM
No I just want to taste them.
Let me give you alittle advice,
You should ALWAYS look at what your putting in your mouth.
Stop your whining and think the way I do

Sherman

Quote from: Berwyn Patsy on August 10, 2011, 07:11:15 AM
  Where on Ogden was Joe's Grill?  I remember a corner greasy looking trucker grill on Ogden and
maybe 50th Ave.?

It was originally on 50th Ct and Ogden...but then moved a block West after a couple of years.

Run by a guy named Joe Miller.

Berwyn Patsy

Thanks Sherman.  I thought that was the one you were referring too.  Not to many  Diners
on Ogden back then, except for Steak and Egger on the corner of 31st and Ogden.

Sherman

My Uncle--the most beloved Ronny Graf of local Roofing fame, turned me on to both of those places back in the day.

I much preferred Joe's Grill, though.

It was a greasy spoon diner with great food and character!  I mean, being from Cicero, who couldn't love a place with a not-so secret room in the back crammed with poker machines that had a two way mirror built into the wall so that you could see the G coming if it came to it...

:D

iamvika

just saw something on Depot District's facebook page about some changes coming to Two Sons Restaurant. Any clue what's going on? I assume they're renovating because that place reallllly needs to be updated.

seebee

I'll drive by today. I've been calling every day since Wednesday to get a turkey club for lunch take out, but no answer.  ???

Bonster

Quote from: iamvika on August 20, 2011, 08:54:16 AM
just saw something on Depot District's facebook page about some changes coming to Two Sons Restaurant. Any clue what's going on? I assume they're renovating because that place reallllly needs to be updated.

Hopefully they bring back that "cloud of smoke" decor.  I miss that.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Berwyn Patsy

Some times, not a lot any more, but I will miss that great smell that goes a long with the
Cloud of smoke!

EC

Heard they are "reformatting" to possibly a Muslim restaurant.

Bonster

A "Muslim" restaurant, or one that just conforms to Halal standards?

seebee

Balls!
I bet my $6.45 club is now gonna be $8.75, and fake, jello, turkey.

NYWREB

I will miss the booths with duct tape on them...

OakParkSpartan

A banner on the building, an awning, a banner hanging from the awning, 3 potted plants, a flower pot, a bike rack and a sandwich board sign.

Not too much crap infront of the place, is there?
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Boris

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on August 22, 2011, 01:03:25 PM
A banner on the building, an awning, a banner hanging from the awning, 3 potted plants, a flower pot, a bike rack and a sandwich board sign.

It's a new Special Olympics event: Drunk Obstacle Course.
Only the impossible always happens.
- - R. Buckminster Fuller

dukesdad

QuoteA banner on the building, an awning, a banner hanging from the awning, 3 potted plants, a flower pot, a bike rack and a sandwich board sign.

But $1.75 High Life pints, how can you beat it?

Bonster

A BDC board member said he talked to to the owner and she is remodeling, she is not changing the menu, and it will not be a "Muslim restaurant.   

Diona

Quote from: Bonster on August 22, 2011, 01:20:59 PM
A BDC board member said he talked to to the owner and she is remodeling, she is not changing the menu, and it will not be a "Muslim restaurant.   

Good to know Bons, thanks!  I think the place needed a bit of a remodel.

berwyn1983

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on August 22, 2011, 01:03:25 PM

and don't forget the city park bench paid with TIF funds

pkd50

Last Thurs night I was on the train passing thru Berwyn about 9:50ish.  Garv's and George's were the only place that had lights on.  Even OoT seemed dark, but maybe it was only the dark windows.  Berwyn goes to sleep early.