News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

Best "Chicago" Movie

Started by Guy_on_Clinton, May 10, 2006, 09:02:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guy_on_Clinton

having the discussion with coworkers......

gotta be hands down.... THE BLUES BROTHERS :coreyhart:
SPINDLEVIEW RULES!!!!!!!!

Beans

markberwyn

I'd say these are better:

Barbershop
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
The Untouchables
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

markberwyn

"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

Robert Pauly

Do Chicago area movies count?

Risky Business

pkd50

CozyNite

Quote from: markberwyn on May 10, 2006, 09:10:51 AM
I'd say these are better:

Barbershop
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
The Untouchables

I agree with markberwyn, definitely.

scoon

Guess when I grew up...

Ferris
Breakfast Club
Sixteen Candles
Weird Science

I'll stop there before what little dignity I had is gone...

And, although briefly, Dogma...  only because Jay and Silent Bob were looking for Shermer.

Guy_on_Clinton

Running Scared with Billy Crystal...

dont forget  ABOVE THE LAW...

PLANES TRAINS AUTOMOBILES
NATIONAL LAMPOONS, Christmas Vacation
WILDCATS... filmed at Lane Tech H.S.
SPINDLEVIEW RULES!!!!!!!!

shrugger

I have to agree with Guy, it's The Blues Brothers for me too. that movie is a slice of Chicago at every turn. I could also see the case for The Untouchables though.

another good Chicago movie that I just recently watched for the first time in its entirety is The Sting.

there were also a lot of Chicago scenes in The Fugitive.

we must cultivate our garden

pkd50

markberwyn

Hey, "Prelude to a Kiss"! Filmed partly in Berwyn! Forgot about that one. (Maybe I blocked it out because of the scene with Alec Baldwin's chest pelt.)

mustang54

Blues Brothers! I remember watchin them film the part when they went to the ladies bungalow lookin for the band members. That was shot on 16th and 51st Court in Cicero.
COLOR OF MONEY !! shot in BERWYN  at FITZGERALDS!! How can you Berwynites forget that! A great family outing the moms were lookin for Paul Newman and their teenage daughters were lookin for Tom Cruise. Funny thing is Cruises girlfreind in the movie Mary Elizabeth Mastronto I was told grew up in Oak Park just north of Roosevelt Road.
  Part of Wildcats was shot on Roosevelt and Central at Rockne Stadium.

Bear

The bar scene in "A league of their own" was also shot in Fitzgeralds. The "Untouchables"
also shot a scene on Clarence next to St Leonards...

Svengoolie still films in my basement
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

P-PANTHER a/k/a La Pantera

Quote from: pkd50 on May 10, 2006, 10:12:47 AM
About Last Night

Great call pkd. Chicago's version of St. Elmo's Fire.
"I am interested in the PAST and do not really understand the obsession around here about burying it."-Crunchie.

"La Pantera..He's one of the few people on this board that CUTS THROUGH THE BSers on this board - myself included." -Ted

P-PANTHER a/k/a La Pantera

Quote from: Guy_on_Clinton on May 11, 2006, 02:59:15 PM
Running Scared with Billy Crystal...

dont forget  ABOVE THE LAW...

PLANES TRAINS AUTOMOBILES
NATIONAL LAMPOONS, Christmas Vacation
WILDCATS... filmed at Lane Tech H.S.

My sister was an extra in Wildcats!
"I am interested in the PAST and do not really understand the obsession around here about burying it."-Crunchie.

"La Pantera..He's one of the few people on this board that CUTS THROUGH THE BSers on this board - myself included." -Ted

Terri

Thanks for the reminder, I rented About Last Night, to watch on this cold, yucky day.  Our family  loves Risky Business, Blues Brothers, Ferris Bueller and all the John Hughes films shot in Chicago.  Don't remember Wildcats, what was that about?  Comedy?

Prelude to a Kiss used the home on the corner of 18th and East Ave. Good topic Guy on Clinton.

Terri

pkd50

Adventures in Babysitting

tgoddess

I think the new Sandra Bullock/Keanu Reeves movie was shot around her (Oak Park and N. Riverside) last fall/winter.
"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

scoon

Cameron, dear friend, you thought we wouldn't have any fun. Shame on you.

Ferris